Wiring help

Feb 10, 2011
Lake Placid, FL
I have a Hannigan conversion which gave me a five wire plug (2 rows of 3 female connectors). My trailer has a four wire connector and they gave me a four wire plug for the vehicle (flat, 1 male and 3 female connectors).

If I understand it correctly, the five wires on the trikes are right turn, left turn, brake, running, and ground.

Also, if I understand it correctly, the four wires on the trailer are left turn plus brake, right turn plus brake, running and ground.

I've seen all kinds of adaptors, ranging from less than $10 to more than
$100, but none for my two plugs.

I am so confused.

Can anyone offer a suggestion that will make sense to my simple mind?

:)

Apparently no one makes an adaptor/converter.

I ordered this part and will have to cut off the plug on the trike side.

51LkkG8Wt-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's a Hopkins 48915 60" Tail Light Converter.

Food for thought,

A little bit of more work BUT!
I wired my Hannigan to a four plug wiring, from the four way plug I wired to a Kury round plug for my Donkey trailer. This way you have the best of both worlds. I can tow a trailer with a round plug other than mine and if I go tow another trailer with a flat four way plug I can use the one under the rear bumper.
Look at you trailer wiring diagram for the specific color code and them match this to the Hannigan color code.
If you don't have a Hannigan color code contact Hannigan and they will give you one.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back