Wiring Harness Doesn't Look Right

JTJersey

800+ Posts
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2021
Millville NJ USA
I had posted this pic in a thread concerning a Rider Backrest and it reminded of something I've been wanting to ask y'all about. Is everybodies wiring harness run OVER the frame rail like this one? Seems like a good way for a wire to get worn out. I hesitate to start unplugging things to reroute it as I'm not versed that much in the electrics of the '21 Freewheelers yet, BUT I have a 15,000 mile service coming up and if that wiring harness is attached wrong I'll get them to fix under warranty (hopefully). So am I worrying about nothing or should I get this rerouted?

IMG_20220910_165136049.jpg

Whoever gave the order to route the cable like that must have been trained at Freightliner- they do stupid crap like that and D.O.T. cops will gig you on an inspection. Anyway I rerouted mine. Stuff like that just plain bugs me.

I had posted this pic in a thread concerning a Rider Backrest and it reminded of something I've been wanting to ask y'all about. Is everybodies wiring harness run OVER the frame rail like this one? Seems like a good way for a wire to get worn out. I hesitate to start unplugging things to reroute it as I'm not versed that much in the electrics of the '21 Freewheelers yet, BUT I have a 15,000 mile service coming up and if that wiring harness is attached wrong I'll get them to fix under warranty (hopefully). So am I worrying about nothing or should I get this rerouted?

View attachment 109682

This is how mine looks.

Attachments

• Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
I took this screen grab from a youtuber who was straightening the mufflers on his wife's Freewheeler after she backed into something and he started talking about the Freewheeler chassis. There was nothing in the vid to indicate this was a modified from stock Freewheeler. Check out how the wiring harness is run. Makes a lot more sense to me.

Screenshot at 2022-09-11 18-08-27.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back