Who or what runs this forum?

Thanks, sorry for the rant. A PM will get a better response from me than a public flogging will. I tend to respond with the same tone I get hit with...not the best way to address these sort of issues and I always have regrets when I do.

My apologies.

Randy, you have absolutely NOTHING to apologize for. BUT, he does. Thanks for this forum & all you do Zook.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Randy,

Why pay attention to someone who does not respect the forum or it administrators. The forum is made up of likeminded, respectful and caring members. You do not need the additional stress in these times of greater concerns. You have always handle members who do not follow forum normal. We all know you tried to handle reports issues ASAP.

It takes a village! Forget him or what ever you decide. I'm sure the membership approve and understand.

THANK YOU FOR THE HARD WORK! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Randy, you have absolutely NOTHING to apologize for. BUT, he does. Thanks for this forum & all you do Zook.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I agree and I was happy to see that you responded the way you did. You have provided us with a great way to get the best out of our triking experience and for free. I am proud to be a Gold Club member and love the T-shirt. You don't need to take that B.S. from anyone. This forum has allowed me a way to make some new friends and for that I am eternally grateful.

Kurt

Paid or unpaid membership has no bearing whatsoever on thread subscription notices.

Below are the threads that you are subscribed to. There is no way you are getting email notices for any thread you are not subscribed to. Of the threads you are subscribed to, your notifications are not enabled on any but one thread, and that is the "One Of A Kind" thread in which an instant email notification is selected. I'm sure that is the thread you are getting instant email notifications for. If you want notifications for any others you have to select the thread and select if you want instant, daily or weekly email notifications, or notification via a PM to your inbox. Yes, for some its apparently a lot of effort to click a box and hit save, but thats the price you will have to pay for that feature.

Guys, please do your part to learn the basics of how to use the forum settings before you rake me over the coals. This forum is free for the vast majority of members and is still alive and operating thanks to a LOT of hard work from me, Marge and a small handful of amazing supporting Gold Club Members, and an ever decreasing number of sponsors and a few very dedicated unpaid volunteer moderators.

View attachment 86254

Exactly what I was thinking after reading the initial post. It is incumbent upon each user to go into the settings and set them to ones likings. No forum is PNP.

If this guy read my post #6 early on, then surely he figured it out, it's not rocket science. Randy has put a lot of effort into this forum for a very long time, and then have to recap all this foolishness, well what can I say that would be appropriate?

Bill, there isn't. At least not one that is polite. To not go into setting and check the settings before posting is down right irresponsible IMHO. Besides which, we all know it is really Marge that runs the forum. Randy is such a paper tiger ........... ;)

:clapping:

Mike

I'm as computer savoy as a tomato but i have zero issues with this site.I have belonged to other forums where the administrators would allow members to just flat out get nasty with other members and i dont find this here,thats because Randy runs a tight ship and I for one am glad for that,considering he runs a full time business.My hat goes off to him and all his crew that take care of all of us.

Hi Mickey, then Randy and Marge have my profound 'thanks' for a great job over time. They have kept this TT forum free of outside interference such as that commercial outfit running the gl1800riders forum.

One of the top guys in VerticleScope, the company that owns gl1800riders and hundreds of others, called and emailed me multiple times trying to buy Trike Talk several years ago. I told him it was not for sale. He said anything is for sale and stayed in touch. I eventually answered his email with a ridiculously high number to get him off my back. He emailed back and said that was doable. It might have been the dumbest decision I have ever made in my life. I still ocassionally look at that email in times like these when Im feeling like I cant do enough to please everyone and feel no one knows how much work, time and money we have pumped into this forum and think what a fool I was to pass on their offer.

Randy, I cannot imagine the time, effort and $$ you and Marge have put into this forum. As a member of several other forums TT and CVO Harley are the only ones I visit regularly (like several times each day, lol). Why? Because there is value there - valuable information, valuable friends I've made online and several I'm gotten to know in person. And there is no BS allowed and I appreciate it. So THANKS for what you've done and continue and know that it is greatly apreciated.

And I learned quite a bit about this forum works from your response to the OP as I imagine others did also. So thanks for the lesson and nothing at all for you to apologize about.

One of the top guys in VerticleScope, the company that owns gl1800riders and hundreds of others, called and emailed me multiple times trying to buy Trike Talk several years ago. I told him it was not for sale. He said anything is for sale and stayed in touch. I eventually emailed him a ridiculously high number to get him off my back. He emailed back and said that was doable. It might have been the dumbest decision I have ever made to pass on it. I still ocassionally look at that email in times like these when Im feeling like I cant do enough to please everyone and feel no one knows how much work, time and money we have pumped into this forum and think what a fool I was to pass on their offer.

If and when you sell , you can still stipulate how it’s to be run. Or they might keep you on for your needed operation skill as is. You got to do what is right for you and your well being.

One of the top guys in VerticleScope, the company that owns gl1800riders and hundreds of others, called and emailed me multiple times trying to buy Trike Talk several years ago. I told him it was not for sale. He said anything is for sale and stayed in touch. I eventually emailed him a ridiculously high number to get him off my back. He emailed back and said that was doable. It might have been the dumbest decision I have ever made in my life. I still ocassionally look at that email in times like these when Im feeling like I cant do enough to please everyone and feel no one knows how much work, time and money we have pumped into this forum and think what I fool I was to pass on their offer.

If and when you sell , you can still stipulate how it’s to be run. Or they might keep you on for your needed operation skill as is. You got to do what is right for you and your well being.

They offered to keep me on as admin, but I had watched to many forums that were once great and changed to ad filled hellholes and I couldn't stand to see our site go in that direction. As long as I can afford to keep this site going as a well maintained and useful site, I will keep it. I feel like I have family here.

Randy, you have built and made a Great Forum here. It's one of a kind and others know that. Everyone can say they enjoy this forum and log on everyday, I know I sure do. We all Thank you for all the extra time and effort you give to us and the site. Always remember..." We Are All In This Together "

Thank You and Stay Safe..

Thanks Randy for that decision, where $ are involved there's always a temptation to take the $ and run and get rid of the problems that are lurking. Over the years you've made many friends here, friends that appreciate what you do even if it doesn't get posted very often. There will always be 'look backs' and the temptations, and there might come a day that can no longer resist, if it does, then no can blame you for sure. Meanwhile, we continue to enjoy the TT forum and appreciate those sacrifices you and Marge make every day.

They offered to keep me on as admin, but I had watched to many forums that were once great and changed to ad filled hellholes and I couldn't stand to see our site go in that direction. As long as I can afford to keep this site going as a well maintained and useful site, I will keep it. I feel like I have family here.

I feel safe in saying if you sold the Forum, it would be a shell of its former self

I have been on forums that have seen this happen.

Thank you for keeping this site the great Forum it has become:clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back