Runs Hot

Larry,there is lots of good info on these and other units in this forum. If you will look up in the upper right corner of the forum page,you will see Forum Tools or Search Forum. Click on the latter and type in Cooling Fans. Let us know which way you decide to go.

If you already know how to do this,please disregard.

There are other "mods" that help with the heat that I might pressure first ... de cat, good tune, header wrap, floorboard mount extensions, tank lift, etc.

IMHO, The problem I see with the fans is they blow the heat from the cylinders to your right foot, where most of the heat is already. I would start with some of the other options and then maybe go to the fans. That's my plan anyway.

Our Street Glide already has an oil cooler. I'm seriously thinking about adding the Wards FCS fans,too.

High temp today supposed to reach 106deg.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I was following a thread " Harley's are hot "regarding tuning that seams like a good place to start.

Our Street Glide already has an oil cooler. I'm seriously thinking about adding the Wards FCS fans,too.

High temp today supposed to reach 106deg.

Sounds like you don't have a oil cooler with fan. Did I read that wrong? A cooler without fan is worthless in stop and go traffic. But going to a tuner will also be worth while. As in a lot of worth while. Remove the cat helps too or if you get a Wards fan(very good bye the way) you'll just be blowing that cat heat on your right side. It's a puzzle that if all pieces aren't done you don't gain much if anything.

I have been using ward's fans for several years now, been on different bike when I trade up.
I have read a lot of positive post about the love fans.
They are very helpful in stop and go traffic. I have had several rides where without them I would have ended up parked somewhere waiting on it to cool.

Like others has said a full stage one, headers, tune, to start with. The catless headers will provide a little more sound but far from being loud. They will cut a lot of heat out by your feet and your passenger.
The fans alone will help in stop and go traffic though.
I do not use mine when riding at speed, in town or bad traffic they stay in the on position.
Some folks can take more heat than others.

Our SG's oil cooler doesn't have a fan and I probably will not install one,either. Already have V&H Power Duals and 4.5" Destroyer mufflers,no cats. Will be installing a 2014-15 Rushmore air cleaner assy w/K&N filter soon,as well as a Nightrider FL-VIED-10. With Wards fans,we should be good to go. Sherry and I aren't really bothered by the amount of heat our SG puts out because we were used to our Boss Hoss V8 trike for six years.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back