Where did Your Screen Name come from....

Phu Cat was a small air base in II Corp in S.E.A, late 60's-early 70's. No army, marines, or ROK's. Ran our own bush patrols, had 4 81 tubes, and several APCs. It was a hush-hush thing that they were trying to create a combat unit for the Air Force. Trust me, charlie really wanted those fast movers and choppers! Todays Air Force Security Force's are an out growth of that. I use the name as it's helped me locate a few guys that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Phu Cat

I did landscaping for a while and everyone called me dirtdobber because I was always in the dirt.
Like always my medical condition didn't let it last long. I did enjoy it.

Hey Phu cat I remember that compound. Dropped a couple loads of Munitions and chow there.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to have you guys on the forum. Welcome Desert rat and Phu Cat. QUOTE=desertclassic;256465]I live in the desert, and I am an old classic guy. jim[/QUOTE]

My wife and I have a business called Old Stoners Rock Art, we sand blast anything on stone the old fashion way! Wanted a catchy name and it fit perfect! I work with stone, I'm old and I grew up in the 60's and 70's so there you go!!! Most people know us as Old Stoners or by our yellow Gold Wing Trike!! So Stoner is my road name and most people here " Lincoln City Oregon" just call me Stoner!:xzqxz::p;)

I miined in So.Dakota for so long and still think of myself as a miner. Hard Rock Mining is great with some of the best guys to work around. Hardrock or Ken does the trick though.

Hope to see some of you in Sturgis some day.

I should be living there from May or so until ??????

Ken(Hardrock)

Many folks in the military are assigned a 'handle' by their peers. I pitched for my squadron softball team during a tour of duty at Randolph AFB, TX. Pitchers are known to uh... scratch. :Shrug: The nickname stuck with me throughout my career...

I always use my initials initials: Dan P. Kennett

why do we use screen names? I can imagine situations where it would be convenient, but I have no problem using my actual name in a forum such as ours.

Would someone please let me know why screen names are used? Maybe I need to make one up.

Zammy is short for 'Alakazam', I've been an amateur magician for a number of years so that's why I decided to use it.

Got mine in the Navy, I always kept my hair short and it kinda stood straight up ... one day a buddy rubbed my hair and called me fuzzywashe ... it stuck ... when I joined AOL in 1990 fuzzywashe was taken, so I changed the spelling to fuzzywuzhe ... been called that since 73 ... when I had my first gold wing (1998), I even did the bike in a theme, fuzzy bears and all ... even had a cd with the kids song Fuzzy Was He was a bear ... Fuzzy Was He had no hair. etc.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back