What Made You Join TrikeTalk Forum?

join reason

i joined because i have built 2 trikes. 1st one was already done but poorly so we tore it down and machined all components including axle tubes around the rear end pumpkin from scratch. that one was a 92 sporty 883/1200 big bore 4 speed. it was fun but max mph was limited to 70mph or less.

the 2nd is my baby J-Quelin. shes a 96 Heritage Softie 1340 bored 20 over with a DNA kit.

Over all im happy with it however there are a few things they could have done better.

the brake calipers (4 piston) are sufficient but the rotors are small. We removed them and cross drilled them to compensate.

next i wanna rake it or add a steering stabilizer. a 4-5 deg rake would look good regardless.

i joined because i have built 2 trikes. 1st one was already done but poorly so we tore it down and machined all components including axle tubes around the rear end pumpkin from scratch. that one was a 92 sporty 883/1200 big bore 4 speed. it was fun but max mph was limited to 70mph or less.

the 2nd is my baby J-Quelin. shes a 96 Heritage Softie 1340 bored 20 over with a DNA kit.

Over all im happy with it however there are a few things they could have done better.

the brake calipers (4 piston) are sufficient but the rotors are small. We removed them and cross drilled them to compensate.

next i wanna rake it or add a steering stabilizer. a 4-5 deg rake would look good regardless.

Brian........Welcome To Trike-Talk........:wave4::wave4:,...

New to trikes, new to forums

Hi there. My name is Eric and I’m a guy who doesn’t do a whole lot on computers. Kind of like an urban Amish. Waiting for my first trike. Have a used 2019 Harley Tri Glide in the works that should be all taken care of before Thanksgiving. Rode for many years on 2 wheels through various makes and gave it up about 10 years ago. Got the bug for that free feeling and decided to give a trike a try. This is the first forum I’ve joined - ever - hoping to gain insight into the ins and outs. Looking forward to learning and talking.

Hi there. My name is Eric and I’m a guy who doesn’t do a whole lot on computers. Kind of like an urban Amish. Waiting for my first trike. Have a used 2019 Harley Tri Glide in the works that should be all taken care of before Thanksgiving. Rode for many years on 2 wheels through various makes and gave it up about 10 years ago. Got the bug for that free feeling and decided to give a trike a try. This is the first forum I’ve joined - ever - hoping to gain insight into the ins and outs. Looking forward to learning and talking.

Hi Eric, :welcome:to Trike Talk

Why I joined

I felt it is always good to have a group who knows the workings of the motorcycle brand they are riding. So far I have learned about the shifter problems on my bike and how to fix it. How to get my Passing lights to work and look factory built. As I join in this forum I hope to get and give information I have learned to others.

Glad to be here

Been riding 2 wheels on and off since I was 16 (now 73 Ugh!). Recently bought a 2018 DCT Tour CSC Encore. Love it. The dealer I bought it from in GA dropped it off at CSC In Arrington VA. I picked it up at their factory. Great people. Very knowledgeable and bent over backwards to make us feel welcome.

Been riding 2 wheels on and off since I was 16 (now 73 Ugh!). Recently bought a 2018 DCT Tour CSC Encore. Love it. The dealer I bought it from in GA dropped it off at CSC In Arrington VA. I picked it up at their factory. Great people. Very knowledgeable and bent over backwards to make us feel welcome.

ThumbUp..........

I joined TT because this is the place you find out things on your Trike that the dealer does't know or will not tell you. In other words knowledge. So far I am impressed with all the helpful people here.

I started riding two wheels in '68. Six years ago, my back gave out to the point where I couldn't hold up my Fatboy. Hope to pick up a Freewheeler this summer. Your forum is amazing ! I'm learning a lot in preparation of my first trike. I live in New York State which has some can't county side.

Robert (Bob?)............Welcome to Trike - Talk........:wave4::wave4:...

I started riding two wheels in '68. Six years ago, my back gave out to the point where I couldn't hold up my Fatboy. Hope to pick up a Freewheeler this summer. Your forum is amazing ! I'm learning a lot in preparation of my first trike. I live in New York State which has some can't county side.

Hi Robert, :welcome:to Trike Talk

Get a test ride in on the Freewheeler, it is amazing

2004 gl1800 lehman monarch 2

just purchased a 2004 goldwing one owner trike with only 4,000 miles. Just noticed the rubber isolator bushings in the swing are totally shot. Rear end is drooping. Need to find out best way to repair.

2004 gl1800 lehman monarch 2

cant figure this site out. Nowhere does it say where to post and i tried to respond and i was told i did not have permission. I am registered and logged in. I guess im just ignorant

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back