What kind of seats do you have on your Tri-Glide

I took the original seat & had gel put in front & back. The stock seat was too soft. Had Gater skin down the middle & Osterige down the sides. The seat is stiff now, but comfortable. The only drawback is my wifes butt will sweat when it is really hot. She bought a white sheep skin at IKEA for the seat. Now she has no complaints.

Harley has a demo seat program (seats are printed with the word demo on them) lets you try before you buy. Same thing with windshield too. Just saw my dealers seats hanging on wall and ask about it. Hope that helps. Check with your dealer.

Kanetruck

222, 438, 463, 486, 199, 568 miles on consecutive days, riding on a Russell Day Long and still have another 4,000 miles to go. Since it was custom made for my butt, there's no need for adjustments. They do give you free adjustments if it isn't perfect for you.

I'm an Air Zepplin seat proponent. Just got back from Rolling Thunder and the Blue Ridge Parkway - 3000 miles and I'm ready to do it all over again.
I agree with Copasetic - you can constantly change the pressure points for a comfortable ride for thousands of miles. You can not do that on a static seat no matter how custom made it is.

After helping my dealer with the demo rides for 2 days, and sitting on all the different seats, when I got back on my TG the AZ seat felt like a Lazyboy recliner. What a difference.

I am 68 and I hurt when I ride over a couple hundred miles, old and out of shape. These after market seats can get expensive, how do you know where to start. Trial and error is cost prohibitive.

Lakeman, Find a Dealer or an online store that sells the seat you want to try. Ask about their return policy. I have the Mustang solo seat on my RK. My wife had a Mustang Regal Touring on her 2010 SG Trike. I bought both seats from Westendmotorsports.com They have a return policy if you don't like the seat. I'm sure other manufacturer's do to.

I have been considering changing my seat and have looked in the Harley catalog and most of the seats say they will not fit a trike. Has anyone used any of those seats on their trike? What I don't like about the stock seat is the position that it puts you in. I want a seat that has a little less support I guess. Any suggestions?

- you can constantly change the pressure points for a comfortable ride for thousands of miles. You can not do that on a static seat no matter how custom made it is.

Gary I agree with what you are saying and I think the AZ is a very good seat, BUT if it is made to fit in the first place, you don't have make constant readjustments. I just finished a little over 3,000 miles yesterday, and I too want to do it all over again. Monday, my wish comes true and I'll be doing over 3,000 to get back home. First and second days will be over 600 miles each.

TheBobs, to a certain extent you're right, but even my "old boney" butt get restless sitting in the same position in a Lazyboy for any length of time, and nothing's more comfortable then that seat, I'll still take the AZ.
I wouldn't consider pushing a button or two every 60/70 miles as constant, but as long as it "retunes" my butt for another hour or two, it's well worth the effort. :D

I believe everybody has a different threshold of seat discomfort, so a seat for Joe isn't a seat for Bob, etc. The best advice is to get a seat that's comfortable for YOU, but how would you know for the long run?

It's too bad you can't rent a seat for a long trip before you spend lots of $$$$$.

Since my last post, did 558, 563, 220, 621, 574, and 516 mile legs a day. Today is a 547 mile leg. I'll add that I'm thankful that my seat is leather in this heat. Russell Day Long has passed the test for me with flying colors. Anyone on the fence about the RDL, don't worry, you won't be disappointed.

I have a RUSSELL DAY LONG CUSTOM SEAT made for our Trike. They are very costly and the RUSSELL COMPANY DO NOT HONOR THE 18 MONTH GUARANTEE they provide with the seat.
I have had nothing but problems with there seat from the time I orderd the seat till this present time.

I also had a full set of Ultimate seats on my Valkyrie. If I do wind up getting another trike again, a new set of Ulitmates will be one of the first upgrades! They were/are very, very supportive and comfortable, IMHO. ThumbUp

I am going to say something really stupid.. which for me is the norm! ThumbUp

As we get older and our joints and backs become more prone to pains It's even more important to stretch and maintain even a low level of exercise and fitness. I'm not saying you go out and join golds gym and get a personal training. But 10 minute or so of stretching every other day would help. And for you big tuff guys who don't want to do any yoga ( and I don't blame you) there are stretches you can do at home while watching TV or on your way to the fridge to gt a beer... Ladies you too!

Yes a good seat helps too. Butt get one that has support where you need it.

Ok no more soap boxing for me today... Ride safe! ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back