What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Not really a what I did TO my trike, but a what I did FOR it. Back in 2012 when I put that garage there I bought a rather expensive free floating vinyl mat to protect the plywood floor, mostly from oil from my rather leaky '78 Shovelhead. It was guaranteed to lay flat. Well it did until I actually put something on it then it curled like I had gophers tunneling underneath it. Finally got tired of looking at it and tripping over it and put some 1/2" thick rubber gym flooring on top. Time will tell how this works out I guess.

2023-04-10.jpg

Not really a what I did TO my trike, but a what I did FOR it. Back in 2012 when I put that garage there I bought a rather expensive free floating vinyl mat to protect the plywood floor, mostly from oil from my rather leaky '78 Shovelhead. It was guaranteed to lay flat. Well it did until I actually put something on it then it curled like I had gophers tunneling underneath it. Finally got tired of looking at it and tripping over it and put some 1/2" thick rubber gym flooring on top. Time will tell how this works out I guess.

View attachment 112484

Looks good, damn leaky Trouble Heads;) My Pan was a bad leaker till I decked the heads and used copper gaskets

Spring Time Set Up

Hello all.

77 & sunny in NE PA.

Changed battery in key fob.

Installed DK Floorboard Extension Kit from DK Customs. Noticed better airflow / lower temps between legs and engine.

Installed Sylvania ZEVO super bright LED taillight bulbs. Noticed brake lights are brighter than stock bulbs. No error codes :).

Installed drink holder to highway bar. Used RAM atv/utv mount, large double socket arm and XL level cup holder.

Went for ride.

cup holder (1).jpg

Attachments

• cup holder (2).jpg
    cup holder (2).jpg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 30
"What Did You Do" ... Preview

Ordered the Rider Floorboard Extension Kit this morning from DK Custom. I think this kit will definitely make a difference in comfort as well as heat dispersement. I have seen several vids on installing the kit. None of them were too spiffy :( DK doesn't have an install vid for this and the others show you the start and finish but leave out the actual disassembly and reassembly. The DK Install Instructions are very clear and easy to follow. I have heard many say that removing the factory bolts was quite challenging ... Anyone installed these? Any input on best tools or tricks will be greatly appreciated

Thanks so much

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 11.49.34 AM.jpegScreen Shot 2023-04-27 at 11.48.40 AM.jpegScreen Shot 2023-04-27 at 11.49.55 AM.jpeg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back