What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Put my Cobra 909-Twins Slip-on mufflers on. :laugh: Changed the whole feel of the ride. I'll be cruising at 55mph and think I'm in 5th gear only to realize I'm in 4th. All the way through the gear shifts it seems that speeds that I've been used to shifting at are now comfortable at 5 - 10mph faster. Not sure why that would be, but I'm liking it. There doesn't seem to be any point in shifting to 6th until I'm at 75+. Oh, and it sounds like a Harley now. :clapping:

I installed a Road King windshield on my Free tonight. I can see the big gap around the headlight people are talking about but I needed the brackets so I can get a Freedom Shields re-curve from John. Was gonna take it for a test drive but I discovered The Steering damper bracket is loose. Gonna have to torque it to specs.

Go rid of the HD "pop-up" gas cap because it refused to pop up one time too many. Replaced it with a black cap off a 2022 Harley something. Forget what the parts guy said it's for, but it's the same as the Freewheelers chrome one just black. You barely notice it and I can open it and actually put gas in the trike. :) The flush mount pop-up cap really looked nice, but just got to be too big a pain in the butt. Kept the blacked out LED gas gauge. Love that thing. Has worked great for me for the last 3 1/2 months and 7,000 miles. Forgot to post a pic. Pics are always good.

IMG_20220929_191047012.jpg

One of the first things I did to my '21 Free was to fit it with a Memphis Shades Batwing fairing. After months of experimenting with angles, heights and windshields I found a happy place that has worked well for months now, BUT I couldn't help thinking it could sit just a bit higher. Elevation is limited by the two vertical slots on the aluminum mounting brackets. (In the red square) I stopped wishing the slots were a half inch or so longer and tore the assembly apart, milled the slots longer and remounted it about 1/2" +/- higher than before and went out for a chilly ride in Jersey. Noticeable improvement. No wind on the hands now and a bit more air flow over the head while still keeping the headlight cutout close to the headlamp shell. If I weren't so lazy I'd of done this over the summer.

Freewheeler.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back