Veterans/Retired Military

A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including their life. That is beyond honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact. If you are a Veteran, know a Veteran, Love a Veteran or support the Troops don't forget to THANK them and Welcome them Home. GOD BLESS AMERICA...

U S NAVY retired,three tour to Viet Nam 66.67,68. 72 to 75 Naval reserve,75 to 76 Us Army reserve Drill sgt,76 to 83 U S Coast Guard search &rescue,83 to 92 U S Navy reserve Instructor in ship board damage control Retired

Never served. Had a wife and child when Viet Nam really got going and the draft started. BUT, because of my dad, U.S. Army WWII, Uncle Gib, the same, 2 cousins US Navy, Korea, son-in-law serving in Afghanistan right now, and many friends who did serve in Viet Nam (a couple who never came back and one who did make it back in a chair and another without and eye and still carrying shrapnel, I proudly stand the Flag lines with the PGR. One of the hardest missions for me emotionally was a deployment of a group of young people some of whom were married and holding their babies one last time before leaving. That's because I knew my son-in-law would be deployed soon after that leaving my pregnant daughter home with 4 other children. An absolutely fabulous mission was the welcome home of a WWII Honor Flight. There were about 80 WWII vets who got to fly to DC to see their memorial. Very touching. I could go on, but you get the idea. This is my way of honoring those who did serve and my way of giving back to them It is and honor and a privelidge.

To the Vets that were in Nam, "Welcome Home." To all Vets and current active duty, "Thanks for your Service".

Also, if you haven't ridden with the Patriot Guard, think about it.
SSGT USAF Vietnam 70-71
Was in USAF,68-72. Was in Binh Thuy AB south of Can-Tho,80miles south of Siagon.Down in the rice paddies on the Mekong River. More like an outpost. Been thinking of joining the Patriots for awhile now. Going on a ride this Saturday to pick-up a piece of the Trade Center. Then bring it back to Elkart,Indiana.Thanks for the Welcome Home since all we got was spit on. We just did what we were told, just like now. Can you tell I am bitter????? Thanks to all that served since!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back