Veterans/Retired Military

Retired Air Force MSGT,1958-1979. Stationed East coast, West coast, Florida, Newfoundland, Viet nam 1970-71(Cam Rhan, Nha Trang, Danang). May have enlisted a couple of you.....was Air Force Recruiter 72-79. God Bless all who served, including their families who also sacrificed greatly!!

24 Years USAF. Electronic Countermeasures / Electronic Warfare Systems. Two short overseas tours (Nam & Egypt) and two long overseas tours (Spain & Germany).

Found positive experiences at every station. Even in Viet Nam there were things to remember that were not bad. "Our Uncle" shuffled me and the family all over the globe and I wouldn't exchange that memory or the friends we made for anything.

Proud we served and happy to be retired!!!

I sure have to respect you Navy and Coast Guard guys and gals. We took a tour to the USS Alabama in Mobile last year.
When I went below, I started to get cluster phobic. It would be ok if I was on deck the entire tour.

Retired Air Force, 1981-2001. Served as an aircraft mechanic, field training instructor, flightline production superintendent, and training sqaudron operations manager. Stationed in California, England, and Texas, with numerous jaunts to the Phillipines and Okinawa. Made it to E-8 before I turned in my papers.

Now I sit in a cubicle all day. I finally figured out why they have padded partitions. That's so I don't hurt myself when I fall asleep.

One yr and 28 days active USN starting in 69, been medically retired since thank to what they called an accident on board the USS Enterprise. Not much time in the brag about.

24 Years USAF. Electronic Countermeasures / Electronic Warfare Systems. Two short overseas tours (Nam & Egypt) and two long overseas tours (Spain & Germany).

Found positive experiences at every station. Even in Viet Nam there were things to remember that were not bad. "Our Uncle" shuffled me and the family all over the globe and I wouldn't exchange that memory or the friends we made for anything.

Proud we served and happy to be retired!!!

Was in Cairo during 1979-1981 as part of the UN Treaty Support Organization, US Military Observer Group staff. Stationed out of UN HQ in Jerusalem, and flew to Cairo, Damascus, Amman and Beirut one Tues-Thurs each, once a month for admin duties. Loved Egypt - did quite a bit of sightseeing while we were there.

Also had five years in Germany (Erlangen and Stuttgart), got to spend two summers in Blanes (outside Barcelona). Everything was wonderful in all those cities; I miss 'em all!

U.S. Air force, 1968 - 1972. Vietnam 69 -70.
We had our home coming last year LZ Lambeau, Green Bay Wi.
Was long over do, but very emotional at times, 1244 bikes ran across the state of
Wi. for the 1244 from the State of Wisconsin that never came home.

I did a 6 year tour of duty in the USAF in the early '70's, and served with JUSMAG (Joint US Military Advisory Group) assigned to the 1131'st special operations squadron, USMACTHAI (US Military Assistance Command, Thailand) , Det 1, LTD, as an advisor to train and support Cambodian and Laotian military personnel, to accomplish technical missions

The unit was a special detachment located at Udorn RTAFB in northern Thailand, conducting covert activities under CIA direction, and home to Air Commandos, Air America, Raven Pilots, and etc.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back