Vance and Hines FP3

rcappie

100+ Posts
Oct 16, 2019
La Porte
Hi guys,well it’s been a while but I finally got my tuner. I chose a FP3 because all I’m doing is a stage 1 on my ‘19 Triglide. I decatted my stock header and got a set of CVO mufflers and put a set of Fullsac baffles ( the 2” ones) and a screaming high flow air cleaner(the oval one). It didn’t have to have a tuner but, it did make a difference. It changed the rev limiter to 6200 from 5800 I believe. Also, it changed the air/fuel mixture They said to run two tanks of fuel thru it and let them know how it is. No auto tune at this time, we will see after the two tanks of fuel. The 114 has a lot of torque to begin with, by letting it breathe better it comes on good. Over all I think it was a good choice.

Thanks all who helped

Rich

Gents looking for some Info. Just recently bought a 2017 Harley Freewheeler (Nov 10). I noticed when I pilled the left side cover of to check the fuses that their is a Vance & Hines Fuel Pak installed. Part # 201-125709. Since I'm not savvy at all can anyone tell me what the purpose is and what it does to my Trike. I don't know what kind of modifications have been done prior to my purchase. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Gents looking for some Info. Just recently bought a 2017 Harley Freewheeler (Nov 10). I noticed when I pilled the left side cover of to check the fuses that their is a Vance & Hines Fuel Pak installed. Part # 201-125709. Since I'm not savvy at all can anyone tell me what the purpose is and what it does to my Trike. I don't know what kind of modifications have been done prior to my purchase. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Start here,

https://www.vanceandhines.com/fuelpak-fp3/

The V&H site says that the new FP4 may not work well with all aftermarket cams. I tried to call V&H but they are closed until 1/2/24. I just installed the Zipper 468 cam and want a tuner to get the most out of it. I had a FP3 on my Dyna and it worked great so I'd like to add one to my TG. They say that the FP3 is discontinued which is why I'm looking at the FP4.

The V&H site says that the new FP4 may not work well with all aftermarket cams. I tried to call V&H but they are closed until 1/2/24. I just installed the Zipper 468 cam and want a tuner to get the most out of it. I had a FP3 on my Dyna and it worked great so I'd like to add one to my TG. They say that the FP3 is discontinued which is why I'm looking at the FP4.

Buy a dynojet powervision from fuelmoto. They will build a map for your combination and support you forever. Highly recommended.

Called V&H and they don't have a map that supports the Zipper 468 cam that I installed. So I'm going to look into the Powervision to see if it is compatible with my cam, A/C and exhaust combination.

Pulled the trigger on the Power Vision 3 tuner. Had a nice talk with the tech support and they will build me the correct tune for what I have on my Trike and ship the unit with the tune already installed. All I have to do is plug it in and download the tune and I'll be ready to go.

Got the PV# yesterday and installed it. Super easy to install the MAP that was created for the modification that I had made to my TG, cam, A/C and exhaust. The MAP was created by FuelMoto where I purchased the unit, it was a plug and play install. I did not leave the PV3 connected to the TG. I may make install it later if I feel the need to mess around with the tune. I just want to ride it and see how I like it.

Got the PV# yesterday and installed it. Super easy to install the MAP that was created for the modification that I had made to my TG, cam, A/C and exhaust. The MAP was created by FuelMoto where I purchased the unit, it was a plug and play install. I did not leave the PV3 connected to the TG. I may make install it later if I feel the need to mess around with the tune. I just want to ride it and see how I like it.

Very good product with great tech support

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back