Upgraded audio

Colleydog

150+ Posts
Feb 27, 2018
Kingsport, tn. Usa
Has anyone upgraded their audio on the Tri glide, and if so what did you use? Also, were you satisfied with the results, enough to justify the expense? Thank you in advance, everyone ride safe.

Has anyone upgraded their audio on the Tri glide, and if so what did you use? Also, were you satisfied with the results, enough to justify the expense? Thank you in advance, everyone ride safe.

I have not done it yet, but I have heard good things about Volunteer Audio in Oliver Springs, Tn 844-302-8346. I met the owner and he is a good guy. They have a Youtube channel. They specialize in harley motorcycles. I am going with them when I do an upgrade.

UPGRADED!

I upgraded to Hog Tunes Wild Board Audio -2 amps , 4 speakers, done by Paul at theFairingexchange.com Worth every penny! Loud and clear as could be at all speeds. Recently one of the terminals broke off a rear speaker and Hog Tunes shipped me one right out after I sent them a couple pics of damaged one.

Thefairingexchange.com has done several bikes for me and I'm completely happy with product, price and workmanship.

I upgraded to Hog Tunes Wild Board Audio -2 amps , 4 speakers, done by Paul at theFairingexchange.com Worth every penny! Loud and clear as could be at all speeds. Recently one of the terminals broke off a rear speaker and Hog Tunes shipped me one right out after I sent them a couple pics of damaged one.

Thefairingexchange.com has done several bikes for me and I'm completely happy with product, price and workmanship.

I had 2020 TRI GLIDE done with the exact same components by my local dealer. (i bought the components online direct) It is absolutely worth every penny!! BTW, way cheaper and just as loud and clear as the other options out there.

I've been toying with up grading the speakers to start with. Amp later if I think I need it. Had Hogtunes on my last Ultra and was pretty happy. Twice had them replace a speaker that crapped out under their 20 year warranty. But seems while looking into them now it seems they get a thumbs down on other bike sites as garbage. Of course these guys are talking about $500 or $600 for speakers. I'm sure they work well @ 90mph. I'm not doing that (anymore) I wear hearing aids that I have to take out when I ride and rarely go above 70mph on my trike. I can kinda make out whats playing but would be nice if I could actually hear it.

Anyone replace just their speakers? Happy or no?

I've been toying with up grading the speakers to start with. Amp later if I think I need it. Had Hogtunes on my last Ultra and was pretty happy. Twice had them replace a speaker that crapped out under their 20 year warranty. But seems while looking into them now it seems they get a thumbs down on other bike sites as garbage. Of course these guys are talking about $500 or $600 for speakers. I'm sure they work well @ 90mph. I'm not doing that (anymore) I wear hearing aids that I have to take out when I ride and rarely go above 70mph on my trike. I can kinda make out whats playing but would be nice if I could actually hear it.

Anyone replace just their speakers? Happy or no?

Hogtunes Wild Boar is the upgraded version from Hogtunes. Sounds great.

Just curious where the 2 amps are, I take it each amp runs the front and the other runs the rear.

All for now Trampas

A couple of years ago I had the local HD shop install the Soundz Bagger Audio SM-4.100 amp with two Iron 65 speakers in the front and Iron 61 speakers in the rear on my ‘16. I can now clearly hear good quality audio at speed wearing earplugs. Very little distortion at speed. That’s the upside. The downside? This stuff wasn’t cheap and the Boom Audio has to be re-flashed. There are a number of videos on You-Tube.

I'm gathering parts to add an amp and speakers now. Something I haven't seen mentioned enough is you have to cut into the factory harness to add the amp. Well if your like me that gives me pause for too many reasons. Time is just one. The install goes from a whole day to just hours. Here's what I found to not only make this swap easy (I hope) but looks much neater, almost factory and can be reversed fast. There are other companies that offer something like this. Do your research.

cicadaHDTSLINK.png

i had hogtunes on my last trike it was ok great customer support. i have sinister sound on my trike now it much better than hogtunes

I have not done it yet, but I have heard good things about Volunteer Audio in Oliver Springs, Tn 844-302-8346. I met the owner and he is a good guy. They have a Youtube channel. They specialize in harley motorcycles. I am going with them when I do an upgrade.

I just bought a Soundstream HDHU 14si from them. Great radio and 100% plug and play. Lots of helpful videos on Youtube.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back