Universal trike kit or similar

af4

Apr 8, 2011
Chambers County Alabama
Have any of yall had experience with Universal trike kit or this one from link below (the same or similar )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIKE-KIT-H...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bbccf073&vxp=mtr

i traded my purple HDxVW trike for a '77 HD low rider (with a shovel head). It has been ~10 yrs since i read 2 wheels...i tried her, she rides good, but i honestly like the trike feel better......... so any help would be appreciated
(I will not trade my Nova Trike)
thanks
keep the faith

Wow, I thought the avatar looked familiar. I also just found your post to me over on the other thread (re: axle seal leaks). Glad to hear the chopper is working out for you. I still keep a couple of my Novas around for my fun rides - can't beat them for the fun and for the crowds that gather at every stop.

As to inexpensively triking your shovel, should you consider a MTC Voyager unit, I have one I just removed from my 2008 Street Glide and it has mounting kits for both the HD Touring bikes and for the narrow frame HDs (Sportsters, Dynas, etc (I think)). Every thing just freshly powder coated (I don't like even the smallest chips on my equipment). Can't get down to the $15-1800 level you cite, but mid $20s would put it on you ($4195 new).

Great to see you're still kicking. If you need something Nova-specific, I still have a tidy inventory of left over stock (you saw it as I recall).

While I've butted in and stolen your thread (sorry), since you mentioned your HD/VW trike, I thought you'd be interested in a photo of this Nova/HD trike complete with a fully automatic transmission.

NovaHarley 1.jpg

Loner- Guru Hero, Novella (what she answers to) is running great. We have done a few things, i lined the tank, and i added another gas tank and changed the seat configuration, had the shop tune her (you remember that... they didnt charge me for any of it... :D ) I put a new carb on her...just stuff like that.... but bossman..i cant go any where without some one wanting a picture or to talk.

I sold my red trike (Honda front end and VW) just after i bought Novella from You, and traded my purple one for the Shovel head.

How tough would it be to modify the Voyager you have for the shovelhead ?

if not too bad, i will drive up, (get to see the grand babies who live near yall) and give you some money ???

:D,,,,Not to highjack your thread or change your question ,,,but I hope being a fellow Alabamian I get to see one of those trikes some day . Now I'll leave you alone with your post .

:D,,,,Not to highjack your thread or change your question ,,,but I hope being a fellow Alabamian I get to see one of those trikes some day . Now I'll leave you alone with your post .

we live in Waverly, just north of Opelika........holler u this way, you would be welcome anytime
keep the faith