Twin-Cooled Lowers' Side Vent Air Flow

keikat2

90+ Posts
Jun 9, 2018
Forney, Texas, USA
Recently, on my 2014 Tri-Glide, I installed new crash bar highway pegs and mounted them so I would now have three (3) resting positions for my feet: (1). feet fully on floorboards, (2). feet fully on highway pegs, and the newly added (3). heel portion of feet on floorboards w/front feet portion on highway pegs. However, when taking my Trike out for the "test-ride", I noticed a lot of hot "burning" air coming down directly onto the top of my feet, when using the highway pegs for either partial or full feet placement, to the point where I was searching the highway pegs for the coolest spot to rest my feet. While riding, I determined the burning hot air was probably coming out of the fairing lower's side vents and being directed somehow down on top of my feet. Unfortunately, the highway pegs new "feet placement" mounting location is directly below the lower's side vents. I am now wondering if the upper fairing's side mounted adjustable air wings, currently in the "closed" position, is directing the hot air's flow downward onto the top of my feet?

In turn, have any of you "Twin-Cooled" engine owners ever experienced the same "burning hot air", from the lower's side vents, coming down directly onto your feet? Today, I am going to take the Trike out for another "test-ride" and will position the upper fairing's adjustable air wings in the "open" position and see if it helps redirect the hot air's flow.

Thank you,

Allen S.

Recently, on my 2014 Tri-Glide, I installed new crash bar highway pegs and mounted them so I would now have three (3) resting positions for my feet: (1). feet fully on floorboards, (2). feet fully on highway pegs, and the newly added (3). heel portion of feet on floorboards w/front feet portion on highway pegs. However, when taking my Trike out for the "test-ride", I noticed a lot of hot "burning" air coming down directly onto the top of my feet, when using the highway pegs for either partial or full feet placement, to the point where I was searching the highway pegs for the coolest spot to rest my feet. While riding, I determined the burning hot air was probably coming out of the fairing lower's side vents and being directed somehow down on top of my feet. Unfortunately, the highway pegs new "feet placement" mounting location is directly below the lower's side vents. I am now wondering if the upper fairing's side mounted adjustable air wings, currently in the "closed" position, is directing the hot air's flow downward onto the top of my feet?

In turn, have any of you "Twin-Cooled" engine owners ever experienced the same "burning hot air", from the lower's side vents, coming down directly onto your feet? Today, I am going to take the Trike out for another "test-ride" and will position the upper fairing's adjustable air wings in the "open" position and see if it helps redirect the hot air's flow.

Thank you,

Allen S.

I only keep the air wings (Fairing tips)closed in the winter for a little more heat….In the summer I have them angled up to keep the heat off me…

Thank you,

Allen S.

I noticed that problem in excess while on a trip across the desert recently. I remember a few times wishing for some heat to blow on my feet when caught in the cold. It would be nice to maybe drill holes in the inner cover and block off the factory opening to blow heat on my feet. But I wonder how much heat is generated when it's cold out. Probably not worth the effort.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back