2015 twin cooled radiator lifespan and brake switch followup after service

gfaltersack

50+ Posts
May 23, 2018
forestville wisconsin usa
2015 twin cooled radiator lifespan and brake switch followup after service

It turns out I had loose clamps on the right side radiator. My HD service put on 2 new clamps curing that problem. I also had a faulty brake switch at my rear brake pedal and all good to go. Buying that trike 12-26-22 I never had a chance to test drive (TONS OF SNOW) until a long 80 mile ride @ 74 degrees 4-10-23. I have bought 5 new bikes from my dealer since 2010 (3 were trikes) but this was my first used trike. I pondered long and hard if I would be charged for parts and labor ($145 for hourly rate) When I picked up my repaired trike today there was no charge! To me that was the proper approach given the fact I never test drove the trike! Being 8 years old and having 28,000 miles I realize I'm square with my dealer now and future problems will be my dime!

Glad you got it sorted out. On my 14 I bought used 2 years ago the water pump took a dump, I changed it out myself and bought a crimping tool for the PEX type clamps and I used them .. went pretty good. I’ve put 15k on it since buying it. I will be upgrading before retirement. I really would like the 114 motor.

Good on your dealer for rightfully taking care of you.

It turns out I had loose clamps on the right side radiator. My HD service put on 2 new clamps curing that problem. I also had a faulty brake switch at my rear brake pedal and all good to go. Buying that trike 12-26-22 I never had a chance to test drive (TONS OF SNOW) until a long 80 mile ride @ 74 degrees 4-10-23. I have bought 5 new bikes from my dealer since 2010 (3 were trikes) but this was my first used trike. I pondered long and hard if I would be charged for parts and labor ($145 for hourly rate) When I picked up my repaired trike today there was no charge! To me that was the proper approach given the fact I never test drove the trike! Being 8 years old and having 28,000 miles I realize I'm square with my dealer now and future problems will be my dime!

Did Doc's HD do the work? Stopped there many times on our way through.

Did Doc's HD do the work? Stopped there many times on our way through.

Yes that is correct and have been dealing with them since 2010. Great group of folks and being away from the metro areas of Green Bay, Manitowoc, and the Fox valley (4 other Harley Dealers) they go out of their way to be more cost competitive and a rare thing these days...........................GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER THE SALE!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back