Triwing kit on a '95 GL1500

Dec 10, 2011
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Help!!!! I bought a clapped out 1990 GL1500 with a Triwing kit on it. I am transferring the kit to my '96 GL1500. The original owner has installed a Panhard rod from right upper frame to a bracket on the left side of the differential. The Triwing swingarm attaches to the outside of the frame using the original threaded bosses in the frame. Side loading apparently cracked the frame and the previous owner had to reweld the threaded bosses and install the panhard rod to prevent the side loading. I need a set of coil-over shocks approx. 16-18" eye to eye. Will dirt bike shocks handle the load? Do any of my learned colleagues have a suggestion?

Help!!!! I bought a clapped out 1990 GL1500 with a Triwing kit on it. I am transferring the kit to my '96 GL1500. The original owner has installed a Panhard rod from right upper frame to a bracket on the left side of the differential. The Triwing swingarm attaches to the outside of the frame using the original threaded bosses in the frame. Side loading apparently cracked the frame and the previous owner had to reweld the threaded bosses and install the panhard rod to prevent the side loading. I need a set of coil-over shocks approx. 16-18" eye to eye. Will dirt bike shocks handle the load? Do any of my learned colleagues have a suggestion?

Welcome Deacon....:clapping:....Long time between posts.....If my math is correct, 12 Years.?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back