TrikeTalk.com / T.O.I. Western Rally II

this topic seems to be hard to find or maybe its just me?No real activity since the end of Jan and here we are the end of Feb. How is the planning going? Anybody else signed up?For those of you not familier with this area the riding is just fantastic,plus it is a gateway to the rest of the Southwest,West or Northwest.

See my post, #9. I asked the same question.

Next time you're in Cedar look me up. Cybervet and I are neighbors in Enoch.

this topic seems to be hard to find or maybe its just me?No real activity since the end of Jan and here we are the end of Feb. How is the planning going? Anybody else signed up?For those of you not familier with this area the riding is just fantastic,plus it is a gateway to the rest of the Southwest,West or Northwest.

Pegasus: Life's been kinda hectic. Have been in contact with others like Hisst (originator) & SMSgt with the intention of setting up rides. Am going to Utah later this month & maybe SMSgt & I can hook up. Thereafter things will start rolling...just hang in there, dude.

Let Me know if you need any help. If there are enough that come and you have enough different rides I can lead a group or what ever else you might need. I am only 3 hrs away from Cedar.

--

Howdy folks,

I'm new to this site, so if you have covered this somewhere else, or if everybody knows this, then please don't flame me. :gah:

1. How many do you have in your groups at one time usually?
2. How long are your trips?
3. What are some of the routes you take? (Mostly freeway or backroads?)

Thanks.

RonK

--

--

Howdy folks,

I'm new to this site, so if you have covered this somewhere else, or if everybody knows this, then please don't flame me. :gah:

Thanks.

RonK

--

Hi RonK: Welcome to the Trike Talk Forum. Greatest bunch of riders around...bar none!:cool:

So far , we have 16 folks coming to the Rally. We expect the ranks will swell a lot more by the time Sept rolls around.

Bearing in mind that we are not a club or an organization, our Rally rides are pretty loosely put together. In a couple of weeks I will post ride destinations from Cedar City. We are lucky in that we have 2 'locals' so they might throw out some suggestions. But it is up to you to decide how & where you ride to. There is no set size to the ride groups. At our current cozy size, it well may be that all 7-9 trikes decide to ride together. Or we could split into smaller groups, depending who wants to go where.

We plan to keep rides at / under 200 miles round trip. Idea is to leave in the morning & get back for dinner. Anybody wants to go overnight, nothing says they can't.

Being trikes, we obviously will stay on paved roads, back roads & freeways.

Short answer to yr questions is: We will organize our rides as we go along. Main thing is Getting Together !!ThumbUp Sign-up, you WILL have fun pepper

If you have any concerns, you can p-mail me & we can chat off line.

Following is a response from Cedar City KOA:
QUOTE:
pricing : $20.00 per bike we will put you 2 to 3 a site so if there are friends in the group that want to be close to each other please let me know.
Have each person when calling ask for Danielle Laws or they can email me @ lawsdanielle@ymail.com
I will need the following info from each person:
First and last name, # people what amenities if any they will need, Home address and a phone number they can be reached at while at the park. # of nights staying.
I look forward to working with you.
Have a great day
Danielle Laws
Manager
Cedar City KOA

END QUOTE

So for all those interested in camping, please contact Danielle directly at the above email address. Sept can be a busy time in the Cedar City area & you don't want any disappointing surprises should you wait too long.

For those camping, would you please let me know on site or pmail.Thks a ton

Hey Salty,in playing around with the Harley Ride planner I made up 2 routes for you to look at and emailed them to you.They are both under 200mi with plenty of time to sight see.If it isn't snowing I will try to come ove to see you in Cedar.
Cynthia and I willl be staying in the KOA in our trailer.So come on:wave4: all you campers don't hang back.There is so much great riding in this area,one could easily spend a month here.pepper

--

Howdy folks,

Thanks.

RonK

--
This is a "build your own group" kind of rally.We will have some routes laid out for you all to follow if you wish.You of course are free to find your own routes as well.You leave when you want,ride with whom ever you want,come back when you wish,stop when where and for as long as you wish.If a group is going to the same place you want to ride to but looks too big,leave earlier or later.Or ride the loop in reverse order.If they go to fast or too slow for you then break off on your own.There will be lots of maps both state and self created so you shouldn't get too lost.As Salty stated we are trying to keep the routes under 200 mi and I have worked out 2 so far that are well under that but with everything to see along the way will still take all day.There are at least 2 of us who are local so we can give you directions or help as you may need.
I know Sept is 6 months away but it takes time to budget in the time and money for a thing like this so decide now to come join us in the fun.

As Pegasus posted, this is a Ride your Own Ride kinda Rally. I will shortly be posting a few options available to folks, courtesy of our 2 local 'Pilots'
SMSgt & Pegasus1300. In addition, the local Tourist Bureau will have a bunch of carry bags full of literature for you to read...4 days just doesn't seem long enough to see all there is to see around here:) But we sure are gonna try!

I have mapped out 4 suggested rides just to give you an idea of what's available in the area.They are on the Harley Ride planner
Ride Planner | Harley-Davidson USA

and I have marked them as "public" so any of you can go look at them. They are titled Trike Talk Western Rally 1,2,3 or 4
The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is not that far away either
This is just a small sample of what is open to us.One of the advantages to having an "open" ride plan is that you are not tied to anyone else's idea of what would be fun.I am sure SmSgt and I will be happy to give any who need it help in putting a route together or just use these
We hope to see lots of you there in Sept.

I sent several rides to Saltywheels I presume he has sent them to you as well. If not I will sent them to you as well. I would be glad to lead a ride or two.
I'll do whatever I can to help this little rally be a success.

Hello I am new here but found out about this event on another forum. I don't have a trike yet but someday maybe. Am I allowed to ride with you all?
I live in Boulder, Utah just 3 hours away from cedar city and this sounds like fun.
There is a GWRRA rally in Boulder the 13th - 15th then I could just head on over there for some more fun.

Hello I am new here but found out about this event on another forum. I don't have a trike yet but someday maybe. Am I allowed to ride with you all?
I live in Boulder, Utah just 3 hours away from cedar city and this sounds like fun.
There is a GWRRA rally in Boulder the 13th - 15th then I could just head on over there for some more fun.

Absolutely all welcome, 2w or 3w ThumbUp. Just go to the Western Rally thread & register. And don't forget to book yr room or camp site as well. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a pm. Look forward to seeing yr name on the Registration sheet.

Thank you for the welcome Saltywheels. I thought this was the thread to register. Where is the link? I could not find it.

Absolutely all welcome, 2w or 3w ThumbUp. Just go to the Western Rally thread & register. And don't forget to book yr room or camp site as well. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a pm. Look forward to seeing yr name on the Registration sheet.

Thank you for the welcome Saltywheels. I thought this was the thread to register. Where is the link? I could not find it.

Hi DHeaton: Pls go to the 1st page of this thread where you will find the original Rally announcement. Abt quarter way down the page you will see "Registration". Click on that link & input your name on the registration sheet. Pls input your guest's name as well, on a fresh line; that way we can keep a count for name tags etc. If you have any problems, pls send me a pm with yr details & I will input it for you. Look forward to meeting you at the Rally.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back