trike creeps in neutral

we make it through the hurricane and clean up. i put a couple of hundred miles on and it seems fine now. i think the new fluids had to heat up and break in. thank everyone.

Can you explain this?

This makes no sense at all, fluid warming up should not be a fixing type issue for the problem you originally posted

If you ( as in your original post) were actually in neutral, the only way your trike could roll forward is if you were on an incline, pulling the clutch in would not make the trike stop

There has to be more to the story

Jack, mayby not.

If trans had contaminents in it, very possible needle bearings were causing a issue. You have to have the gear set in front of you, to really understand it.

Placement of needle bearing, syncros. If a bearing was starting to seize, spin,

End product, Similar to stuck plates in clutch or groves in basket, keeping plates from releasing.

But hopefully, there is not a underlying issue, keeping regular oil changes, are a must after this. I would be weiry of long trips at this point, best of luck!

Can you explain this?

This makes no sense at all, fluid warming up should not be a fixing type issue for the problem you originally posted

If you ( as in your original post) were actually in neutral, the only way your trike could roll forward is if you were on an incline, pulling the clutch in would not make the trike stop

There has to be more to the story

I totally concur.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back