TriGlide Wind buffeting

Here's my thoughts

I promise I am not trying to be a PITA....

What is being buffeted? By buffeted I mean, what is being moved around, pushed around, knocked around.

Head?

Glasses?

Helmet?

???

The reason I ask, there is always going to be air flowing and hitting the rider and the passenger. Depending on an almost infinite # of factors the air will hit at different strengths and in different places.

But air hitting is not uncomfortable unless it causes buffeting ( pushing repeatedly, causing a struggle, causing an oscillation or chattering).

What I would like to know (because once I do, I may have some insight) is what part of your body or equipment is being buffeted, and in which direction may be helpful too...ie. helmet or glasses are chattering up and down OR side to side).

Kevin

Once again thanks for your time Kevin. I know beyond any doubt is that the buffeting is coming over the lower fairing and up on my chest, blowing up in-between my chin and the face shield. It appears that the solution that may work is the Baker Air Shield. Unfortunately, that would require me to remove your tank lift. I would be happy if there was some way for your air deflector to perform the same function, but with the upper fairing air deflector prevents that, unless I want to restrict my potential fork movement at a full turn. I have tried adjusting your tank lift height, adjusting both the air deflector angles, including modifying the bends. If there is an adjustment you think would work, please let me know.

Regards,

Phil

Once again thanks for your time Kevin. I know beyond any doubt is that the buffeting is coming over the lower fairing and up on my chest, blowing up in-between my chin and the face shield. It appears that the solution that may work is the Baker Air Shield. Unfortunately, that would require me to remove your tank lift. I would be happy if there was some way for your air deflector to perform the same function, but with the upper fairing air deflector prevents that, unless I want to restrict my potential fork movement at a full turn. I have tried adjusting your tank lift height, adjusting both the air deflector angles, including modifying the bends. If there is an adjustment you think would work, please let me know.

Regards,

Phil

Phil, I have Kevin's tank lift with the Baker air wings no problems.

Hi Arnie, is it possible to get a picture of your install? I looked at the Baker installation instructions, and it looks like it mounts to the tank ears?

I do not know how to do that. I tried to message you but it says I do not have permission to do that.

I have a 2010 TriGlide ultra classic. The issue I have is with wind buffeting that is coming over the lower fairing. I have tried the 1.5” tank lift w/air deflectors. All to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Phil

Hey Phil - did you ever get a resolution to the lower air issue? I have a '21 TG with DK's "cool wings" without a tank lift and am trying to resolve the same issue of too much air hitting me in the chin coming from the lowers. Thanks - Jim

Arnie -- Guess I need to be a Gold Member to pm you. Can you send me an email? I have a couple questions about the air wings. Thanks!

sleepwalker511 at comcast dot net

hey, i'm so sorry on just now seeing this. Almost a year. If you still have questions just ask. Again sorry

wind buffetiing

I have a 2014 TG that is water cooled, so "lowers" are a must. I did the DK 1 1/2" tank lift with air deflectors. Changed the stock windshield to an F4 10" windshield. Also switched from an HJC modular to a Sedici Sistema Parlare ll Bluetooth helmet from (Cycle Gear). We did notice a big difference in the wind buffeting, just about NON EXISTENT... Hope this helps.

attachment.php

Why is Fred's bike backward. The clutch cover is supposed to be on the left.

That's the European version of the Harley Trike. Everything is on the opposite side over there.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back