Triax Trike Kit

Hello, I guess it is time to wrap up my Triax saga, I have posted bits and pieces in several different threads, and now I can't fine the one I am looking for. So hear goes nothing. On my third ride with the Triax kit, I left my gloves on the passenger seat, when I was going about 30 -35 mph, I remembered and reached back to see if they had fallen of yet. All of a sudden the handle bars started whipping back and forth to the point I almost lost control. After experimenting with air pressures and reading from the TT in regards to this problem, I decided to first tighten the steering down and to add a MPA. Of course they don't make it in my size, 150/80/16 so I went with a Bridgestone Battlax BT45V Sport Touring rear tire, mounted on the front backwords. Well... that took care of at least 90% of the problem!!! I rode it home through Tucson Mountain Park with lots of twisties going the speed limit and had a very injoyable ride. Something I couldn't say last week no matter how slow I went.
Remember
Ride Safe, Always

Congrats on the success.

i am talking to a triax dealer in main but am a little leary. he is 3 hours from me and i have not made the ride up yet. i was just wondering now that you have had it awhile what your impression of it is. And would you do it again or do a full conversion?

Hi Jimmy,
A lot of things influenced my decision, and the main thing was I had spent 10 years getting my bike just the way I wanted it. If I had a more common bike, and what I know now, I would go with a full trike. Mine still has some handling issues, I think could be taken care of, if I could install a ez steer unit. Some corners, especially riding two up, require a lot of strength, to muscle my way through, not good when you have had a neck fusion. I also spent as much money, with the right bike, I could have done a Frankenstein, a Trinity or a Santiago chopper kit. Anyway at this point, I am even thinking of going back to 2 wheels, it was easier on my back and neck than what I am dealing with now.

just a note on the neck fusion. i had it done in 05, and my neck is great. it took some time to get here, and the only problem i have is a lack of feeling in some of the area around the base of my neck, which is completely negligible. It will get better.

Also, have you checked with Raked Cycles to see if they can help with the Nomad?

Old Newby

hello Capt.
I live in Tucson and ride a 1500 Kaw. Drifter. Would like to meet up with you sometime and take a look at your ride. I am thinking about converting my ride as well.

Hi Ole Newbie,
I appreciate the encouragement, my surgery was in 06, so I think it's as good as it going to get. I also had two back surgeries in the last year, one a fusion, so I was hoping the trike kit was going to be a lot easier on my body than what it is. I won't buy anything again without a long test ride. Speaking of test rides, Blue Mule call me and we can meet up anytime. PM me for my phone number.

I rode a Voyager for a few years and I can tell u it is no comparison to a REAL trike in ride . My ride is so smooooooth Honey falls a sleep for hours on the back .

hello Capt.
I live in Tucson and ride a 1500 Kaw. Drifter. Would like to meet up with you sometime and take a look at your ride. I am thinking about converting my ride as well.

Welcome aboard blue mule. Glad you found us. Good luck on the conversion.

Capt:
Nice looking bike. I have been riding my 1500 se around the Picture Rock and Marana area. Great roads out that way. Have you riding over to the Regional Airport for breakfeast yet? Great place, and good food.
Tony

I heard back from the Steerite people today, I was given a lengthy answer to my questions I am going to post here. Very interest but dissapointing.

We have done hundreds of triple trees for customers with sidecars or conventional full trike conversions throughout the world with 100% satisfaction

I am a little late but as I just joined I thought I would throw this out there. They say that they will not sell you the Triple Trees because for the fact that you can remove your kit and return to two wheels. Now can someone tell me the difference of having a side car that "is removable" or your kit?

Ride Safe,

Tugs

I heard back from the Steerite people today, I was given a lengthy answer to my questions I am going to post here. Very interest but dissapointing.

We have done hundreds of triple trees for customers with sidecars or conventional full trike conversions throughout the world with 100% satisfaction

I am a little late but as I just joined I thought I would throw this out there. They say that they will not sell you the Triple Trees because for the fact that you can remove your kit and return to two wheels. Now can someone tell me the difference of having a side car that "is removable" or your kit?

Ride Safe,

Tugs

Their point of view?

Thank you, Sal G and welcome to the Forum. I like the Triax Kit just fine since I got all the bugs out. I have it up for sale right now, asking $9500.00 but I will take offers.

I roll to travel from there convertible with harley: /, I find much d' effort and of tiredness to make transfer the motor bike, there is much rebound to the kit to travel which is transmitted has l' motor bike unit and kit//et there is much swing laterally on bad the //j ways have to test all the adjustments that j' could have on your site l' together n' is not very pleasant/: that will be til of the same with the kit triax or more pleasant for control thanks to each wheels independent

Thanks gey I have a Honda VTX 1800N that I was going too outriggerbut I think after reading all that has been said on the from I am going to hold out for the trike converson thank all of you BIG DENNY

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back