Tri-Glide in warm weather

brianl

300+ Posts
May 16, 2013
leominster, ma. USA
I'm planning on going to Savannah, Ga. this August and possibly renting a Tri-Glide while I'm there for a day or two. I believe the average temperature is around 90 degrees that time of year. My question is about the bike possibly over-heating. I've never owned an air cooled bike and would like to know if I should pull over occasionally to let the bike cool off. If so, how often and how will I know if the bike is about to over-heat. Will it be just too damn hot to ride on those days? How about the heat from the pipes? Will it be unbearable on a day like that? I'll most likely be staying off the highway as much as possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm planning on going to Savannah, Ga. this August and possibly renting a Tri-Glide while I'm there for a day or two. I believe the average temperature is around 90 degrees that time of year. My question is about the bike possibly over-heating. I've never owned an air cooled bike and would like to know if I should pull over occasionally to let the bike cool off. If so, how often and how will I know if the bike is about to over-heat. Will it be just too damn hot to ride on those days? How about the heat from the pipes? Will it be unbearable on a day like that? I'll most likely be staying off the highway as much as possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Depends on what u get.. The 114 (at least mine 2020) runs cooler than my 16 (103) did. They are both air/liquid cooled. Just the heads are liquid cooled. Last year I rode in 104* temps & no problems. You will be in a high humidity part of the country.

Thanks

Its a rental....Just ride it.....:Shrug:....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back