Trailer hitch weight

Jun 28, 2011
Odessa, Tx. USA
I have a tent trailer I pull behind my Yamaha trike. I am looking to get the new 2011 Tri Glide from Harley. If i put a trailer hitch on the Tri GLide, will i have a issue with it squatting in the back and will it hold up to the tongue weight just fine?

Thanks

Can't answer that question, but keep in mind you can probably kiss the warranty goodbye. H-D will blackball the trikes warranty if they get wind of a trailer hitch. All it takes is one pain in the ass dealer to report it (not all would).

Can't answer that question, but keep in mind you can probably kiss the warranty goodbye. H-D will blackball the trikes warranty if they get wind of a trailer hitch. All it takes is one pain in the ass dealer to report it (not all would).

+1 On a PIA dealer dropping a dime and hammering the power train warranty. Depending on how much tongue weight the trailer has whether it will affect the trike. I can say a stock Triglide will have some issues pulling a heavy trailer up hills. I pulled my Aluma MCT which weighed about 275 - 300 lbs loaded to the Rally last week and some hills though KY and TN gave it all it wanted getting up them without having to down shift, and my Triglide isn't stock. My gas mileage which averages 33 - 37 without the trailer was averaging 21 - 25 pulling the trailer.

Like the others said about the warrenty.
If you are going to do a lot of travling and camping,you may want to look in to a 1800 gold wing.
I know it sounds like I am knocking,but really I am not it just seems the gold wings are better sutied to be triked then any other bike,especally if you do a lot of long distance travleing two up.
:Trike1::Trike1::Trike1::Trike1:

A Goldwing will pull a 500# trailer with a co-rider on board with almost no change in driving ( down shifting). Mine pulls most hills in 5th . I can still drop to 20MPH in 4th and pull away like it was an automatic tranny ( I can't really feel it back there at all ).MPG drops to about 34mpg ... so I have to agree with JIM on this

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back