Towing Capability

Pooh105

TOI - New Mexico
May 30, 2010
Aurora, CO
I know this has been asked numerous times but, what is the safe upper weight limit foe towing on the Stallion? Dean H. once said 665 lbs. Others have varied from 400 to 600. What I want to tow is a Little Guy MyPod behind the Stallion. Weight is 650 lbs. I won't do it if I think the Stallion frame cannot handle the weight.

I pulled a trailer behind the Stallion and my wife would pack it full. I can't tell you the weight for sure but I would say it was pushing five hundred pounds and I could not tell the trailer was back there. The main concern I would have is the stopping distance. The Stallion is a little over 1700 pounds and the more weight you add in a trailer the more it pushes you if you ever need to stop quickly.

Read the owners manual! I do believe that ithe reads 100lb tongue weight and 400 towing. The Stallion will surely tow more but with safety factors built-in, over loading will push down the road to say the least.

Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back