Towing bike behind Toy Hauler

Apr 8, 2009
Waverly, NY
About a year and a half ago we bought a 26' Toy Hauler which fit both my husbands full size dresser and my Sportster Trike. I have now traded up to a full size HD Ultra Classic Trike and both won't fit inside. Our only option seems to be some kind of carrier on the bumper of the Toy Hauler for the bike. I looked into the swivel wheel trailer but those are only for 5th wheels. Has anyone ever seen/built a carrier that we could put on the back of the Toy Hauler? We've seen scooters on the back of Motorhomes so we are looking at something like that. Don't know if the Toy Hauler frame/bumper can withstand the weight. We tow with a '09 Toyota Tundra, Toy Hauler is 26' Travel Trailer style. Any help will be appreciated.

I invite you to look at my album (under my profile page) and you can see a couple of shots of the lift I fabricated and installed on my motorhome. It is made to carry my HD trikes (one at a time - one is Street Glide with Voyager kit, other is Fatboy with MotorTrike rear). An electric winch/cable system raises and lowers the platform for loading/unloading.

You can find similar RV motorcycle lifts (for two wheelers - I haven't yet come across another trike lift like mine) commercially if your coach can handle such. They are mounted with heavy duty bracketry to the vehicle frame (not bumper). However, I would look seriously into weight distribution for your coach before considering this. The swivel wheel supported trailers would likely be my first consideration for your solution. Again, if properly installed to your coach frame and the coach's balance and CG dynamics would allow such.

I agree - you've got to take them with you whatever the solution.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back