Thinking of Changing the Factory Aircleaner

OP can change a catch can back to stock breathing in about 10 minutes if warranty work is needed

According to HD even changing to a non approved air cleaner can void warranty, that said skirting an EPA mandate on pollution control ( could mean air cleaner and for sure the head breathers) would bring bad JUJU when seeking warranty work

Which works for just so long. TX is getting anal on stuff like that because of these damn "coal rollers." Now they are failing vehicles that bypass emissions equipment. In fact, the state just changed the software at all the testing stations. It can now detect if the ECU has been altered by a tune.

OP can change a catch can back to stock breathing in about 10 minutes if warranty work is needed

According to HD even changing to a non approved air cleaner can void warranty, that said skirting an EPA mandate on pollution control ( could mean air cleaner and for sure the head breathers) would bring bad JUJU when seeking warranty work

Simple #Warranty work most dealers wouldn’t look at your mod’s. But if’s it’s something Major and they have to call in a factory Rep all bets off..

There in lies the issue. The odds of the Cobra intake by itself creating an issue is slim. However, compounding the issue with the installation of a catch can might be the tipping point. Devil's advocate stance. ;)

Simple #Warranty work most dealers wouldn’t look at your mod’s. But if’s it’s something Major and they have to call in a factory Rep all bets off..

Slightly o/t ............ Damn I just read on how restrictive NJ is relating to concealed carry. Now back to the main topic ! :Coffee:

There in lies the issue. The odds of the Cobra intake by itself creating an issue is slim. However, compounding the issue with the installation of a catch can might be the tipping point. Devil's advocate stance. ;)

The EPA not only has a say in the air cleaner under emissions control, it also has a say in the noise level of the air cleaner and exhaust

Harley knew exactly what they were doing entering into the restrictive EPA mandates

It insured HD to sell their ( approved exhaust, intakes and EPA compliant tuners) in order to keep factory warranty

Of course they did. This is happening even in the automotive industry. It has driven several companies that made cat delete kits out of the market.

Speaking hypothetically suppose you breakdown in Dubuque but you live in Oshkosh and you have to be towed to the dealer you don’t know in Dubuque how are you doing to go back to stock?

Speaking hypothetically suppose you breakdown in Dubuque but you live in Oshkosh and you have to be towed to the dealer you don’t know in Dubuque how are you doing to go back to stock?

Wear your coveralls ............. :laugh:

okb-125th-slot3-060920.jpg

What ever tools and hose you would need to carry would be minimal, I call that cheap insurance

My whole point from the get go. Years ago, it really didn't matter. I can remember running drag pipes and a modified carburetor before H-D went to injection. Had a rubber hose (down draft tube) directing blow by down the frame to the ground. Those days are long gone. Did the same with my cars. Never sent anything back into the engine to be burned. You could tell where I'd parked. :D

Slightly o/t ............ Damn I just read on how restrictive NJ is relating to concealed carry. Now back to the main topic ! :Coffee:

You have no idea. Even active duty police have to wait months for their carry permits to come in. Everything is at the whim of the local Judge in charge. If he doesn't like beards no get permit. If your his golfing buddy, no prob. I've been a licensed firearms arms dealer/gunsmith for 40 years and I don't qualify for one.

I was thinking of going to the DK customs Naked Complete HIFlow 606 AC for the M8 and use my stock cover but not before my warranty ends. Then I want to go to a 3rd party waranty company like Motorcycle Agent. I think they cover aftermarket parts and the oriiginal parts.[h=2][/h]

I was thinking of going to the DK customs Naked Complete HIFlow 606 AC for the M8 and use my stock cover but not before my warranty ends. Then I want to go to a 3rd party waranty company like Motorcycle Agent. I think they cover aftermarket parts and the oriiginal parts.

That will be a good idea

Jim Palmer insurance has way better coverage and does include after market parts including tuners and air cleaners

I also used Jim Palmer to cut my insurance on my trike

I had Dairyland for over 25 years, Jim was able to get me better coverage and cut y policy in half, I highly recommend any everyone to give him a call:clapping:

I am glad to hear positive comments on the warranty from them. I may even start with them while I still have the harley warranty so I can move ahead on some ofthe mods I want to do with my freewheeler.:clapping:

Cat delete, muffler, air flow, tuner, etc.?

If you want real bang for your buck check out D K Customs for an Outlaw AC;)And yes HD can and will eat up your warranty on any M8 engine for AC and exhaust and tuners not approved by them and the EPA police:pThe EPA has hit them hard ( HD agreed with the EPA ) over this baloney

Hey y'all, I purchased a 2021 Freewheeler last year, and would like to improve the sound a bit. I'm under the impression that removing the catalytic converter will improve performance and reduce heat, so I plan to cut the Y pipe, remove the cat, and reweld. Then purchase better mufflers, and now maybe the air filter system you installed, (I like it). I'm told doing all this will also require me to change the "tuner", and that requires calibration??(who does that)? I would sure like advice from you guys about my plan. Thanks

Croc

If you want real bang for your buck check out D K Customs for an Outlaw AC;)And yes HD can and will eat up your warranty on any M8 engine for AC and exhaust and tuners not approved by them and the EPA police:pThe EPA has hit them hard ( HD agreed with the EPA ) over this baloney

Hey y'all, I purchased a 2021 Freewheeler last year, and would like to improve the sound a bit. I'm under the impression that removing the catalytic converter will improve performance and reduce heat, so I plan to cut the Y pipe, remove the cat, and reweld. Then purchase better mufflers, and now maybe the air filter system you installed, (I like it). I'm told doing all this will also require me to change the "tuner", and that requires calibration??(who does that)? I would sure like advice from you guys about my plan. Thanks

Croc

This will void your factory power train warranty, if you are OK with that

Check with Kevin @ DK Customs on pricing for a Power Vision tuner, IMO it hands down is the best out there

https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/power-vision-tuner-accessories-c120-259.htm

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back