There is a rumor circulating on the internet...

Jun 15, 2013
Red Banks, MS
There is a rumor circulating around the net that the M8 engine is venting the blow-by into the transmission.

Before it gets started here.....

The 2017 M8 engine does Not route the blow-by into the transmission.

Here are a couple of photo's of the tiny stock filter element with the breathers venting the blow-by into the filter element, just like HD has been doing for years.

Breathers%20on%20tiny%2017%20filter_zpsvpp7utl5.jpg

You can see the hoses coming off the breather bolts to a T connector, then the hose off the T goes into the back of the filter.

Stock%20M8%20Air%20Filter_zpsxvibkijz.jpg

The following pics, showing what happens to a Twin Cam...no reason to expect that the M8 piston tops will have any different results.

TwinCam1M3.jpg

TwinCam2M3.jpg

Kevin

I supposed the venting issue all by itself is due to the EPA Nazi's. It must be their prime objective to ruin all internal combustion engines.:mad:

You asked which way is best? Best for the bike is not vent into the air cleaner you see in those photos what happens. If you look at the older bikes you will find vent tubes that extend beneath the bike to vent the gasses to the atmosphere. Just my two cents.

Agreed,my shovel vents to the outside.At this point I have already re-routed the hose to under-neath the trike. Couldn't really make up my mind were I wanted it to go.May still go back and re-route.

So what is the best or most used way of venting to the outside ?

You can build your own, or take a look at the many options we have for External Breather Systems at this LINK.

They will all function the same, just depends on what look you like the best.

I've run the Premium Discrete and the Premium Catch-Can on my '14.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back