The Official Highjacked Thread. Highjacking encouraged.

We went away over the weekend. When we got home there were at least 50 flies in the house. Not just your ordinary flies, these guys were the size of raisins !! :gah:

Open House at the local Harley dealer Saturday. I cashed in my Christmas gift card for a set of hub caps and another LED board for the front fender tip light. Got 15 % off everything & a free lunch. Saw a nice Motor Trike Road King conversion and Boss Hoss trike along with several Triglides.

Our Harley dealer closed way early today due to snow. It left me to wonder if he paid the staff the wages they are going to lose.

Additional way to replace a screen in a door. Saw Dad do this when I was just a crumb snatcher: He put the screenless door between two sawhorses very far a part. Then tied a cement block to the middle of each board along the side of the door so each of those boards sagged about equally. Then he attached the screen at the top of the door then at the bottom as tight as possible, then he released the two cement blocks making his screen nice and tight. Then he just attached the sides of the screen to the door and had a first class repair job.

Did you say work ? I've seemed to have forgotten what that is ! I'm happily retired and waiting for spring.
:pepper:

Yeah, I'm one of the unfortunate ones. In a little over 7 years, I can retire...in 8 I'm forced out the door. I'll probably wait until they force me, since it's only a year difference. I can actually collect unemployment if they force me out the door. It'll be hard to find work for a 57 year old man anywhere near what I'm making now, so I'll probably be able to collect.

I have 1 year and 10 months before I can collect Social Security yes I'm counting the months. :pepper:
It's rough getting work when you are over 50 as no one wants you, I got a part time job at the local Big Lots store where I work 1 or 2 days per week. The job was to be seasonal but the district manager liked the way I cleaned and organized the products on the shelves that he made sure I wouldn't be let go, I take the time to help the customers find what they need and I make sure that the product on the shelves is never outdated or expired. We had a customer return muffins that were moldy when they opened the box :AGGHH: . I have found with cleaning the shelves product from August 2015.

They are having the grand opening of a YMCA in the county this morning, only one in the county. I've been wishing for years to get one here. The wife and I are going to check it out. No signup fee if we sign within two weeks and we would be charter members. Have no idea what that would get us.

OH MY WORD...that sound like our local grocery store. I bought a can of Crisco spray a couple of weeks ago. Dec of 14 was the date on the bottom of the can!!! Needless to say, it went right back! The manager was open mouthed when she saw it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back