The B.E.A.R.D. Room

Been playing around with the beard oil and the CPAP. If I put the beard oil on just before I go to bed, I can actually get a seal. I've been letting the beard grow out again. We'll see where the seal starts to fade as the beard gets longer. I'm keeping the hair just under my lower lip a little shorter. Hopefully I can let it get longer again.

Been playing around with the beard oil and the CPAP. If I put the beard oil on just before I go to bed, I can actually get a seal. I've been letting the beard grow out again. We'll see where the seal starts to fade as the beard gets longer. I'm keeping the hair just under my lower lip a little shorter. Hopefully I can let it get longer again.

Get a nasal pillows mask. It won't matter how big or bushy your beard is. The only holdback might be a bushy mustache, but mine is, and I've never had a problem. They are also so much less restrictive feeling.

Have started to let my seasonal beard grow again. Not going to completely shave it for as long as I can stand. Just going to trim it on my neck and the upper part of my face to make it symmetrical. Will post a picture at a later date.

That first few weeks are the hardest if I remember correct.:Shrug: Been so long for me it's hard to truly remember what it's like to start one but I seem to remember there was some itching in those first few. Do you do this annually? When I was much younger I did for Helldorado Days in Tombstone Arizona. Well, I did it until my mother-in-law moved from there which was for 3 years. I've shaved twice since but the last time was almost 30 years ago. So I have this vague memory.:):p:Coffee:

That first few weeks are the hardest if I remember correct.:Shrug: Been so long for me it's hard to truly remember what it's like to start one but I seem to remember there was some itching in those first few. Do you do this annually? When I was much younger I did for Helldorado Days in Tombstone Arizona. Well, I did it until my mother-in-law moved from there which was for 3 years. I've shaved twice since but the last time was almost 30 years ago. So I have this vague memory.:):p:Coffee:

I keep a goatee year round, but I usually let a full beard start growing around mid October. Yes it does itch early on, especially in the neck area. When it gets long enough I trim the neck to get rid of that problem. Most of the time, I go back to a goatee around late February/early March.

I keep a goatee year round, but I usually let a full beard start growing around mid October. Yes it does itch early on, especially in the neck area. When it gets long enough I trim the neck to get rid of that problem. Most of the time, I go back to a goatee around late February/early March.

Pretty much the same for me. The start and end times vary by mood. This is from the Ukefest Nov.4

pups.jpeg

I only trim mine now when one side has outgrown the other as happens constantly with me. As you can clearly see it was time to trim here at a breakfast with a bunch of crazies we and wife meet with regularly. One in the group just has to get pictures every month when we meet. Here she realized all her photos had me hiding behind my wife so she came around the table and got me. Darn her hide anyway!

051202.jpg

Yup - ya do look out of ballance a bit ! :D

It's why mine never gets as long as I'd like. By the time I've clipped one side I have to clip the other cause I clipped too far. And over and over and over. Until I'm almost starting over. Never have understood why one side grows faster. And I've not found a fertilizer either. Trust me, I've looked. NOTHING. Oh there are oils they claim work but they don't for me or the other side gets the benefits even though I only apply to one side. Nope, I just wait until I see how lopsided it is and start the trim battle.:mad: Been doing this for at least 30 years. This is why beard growing contests gets me a last place when I was doing that 40 years ago. Been a loser in more ways than this all my life.:laugh::laugh::laugh::p:p:p:(:(:(

IMG_8640.JPG23658340_1749589445060755_773618445122670412_n.jpg

Here are 3 of my grandsons, with these little guys living within a stones throw you can see why I have no hair on the head.

Nathaniel, blue shirt, loves to wrestle and he will break a hold real fast when he gets a handful of facial hair.

Noah, stocking cap, is almost a year old and he will grab the hair and hang on for dear life.

My plan is to not trip the mustache or goatee until summer. Sweetie will probably have something to say about that. At one time I could pick up the mustache hair and it would reach the eyebrow. Jim

A bunch of good looking grandsons Jim!

We have 5 grandsons, no granddaughters. They will wear you out trying to keep up with them.

Those little guys are bikers for sure. They all love to climb on the trike and every one of them reaches for the grips.

They all like to grab the facial hair. LOL

Okay...the grabbing of the beard isn't just a little guy thing. My daughter and granddaughter would grab and hang on like the dickens. Now the reaching for the grips...not so much. My daughter turned out to just accept motorcycles but married a guy that raced them. Granddaughter is already riding double diamond trails at Hollister Hills in California at just 12y/o so still waiting on how she turns out but she is an aggressive little kiddo.

Geting Prepaired

WAKE UP !!

Time to think about that Summer trim ? Yup it’s a little early, but got the itch !

Old man winters dry air geting the best of ya ? Mines nice n greasy :clapping: HOWS YOURS ?:prophet:

I use the wife's hair treatment dotera From Root To Tip. It seems to work and keeps the beard in line. I am not sure if I can make it to my birthday in May. Jim

I'm going to have to try my wife's concoction from Dotera as well. She's got hooked on the stuff. Are you doing the 15 minute hot towel treatment as well? I'm not sure I can do that part but not sure you'd get the same results without it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back