Tank lift....yay or nay?

Just a side note. The petcock {I know there is no petcock, but ya know what I mean} is not where the gas supply from the tank is. It's about 3-4" forward where the fuel pump is. I would think if you didn't do both front and back lift, you would be getting less use of the 6 gallon tank. Not sure if it would make a whole lot of difference, but......Just my thoughts

Does the lift help at all with getting the tank full without continuously burping it for the last half gallon or so? Also, does it help with gauge accuracy?

Does the lift help at all with getting the tank full without continuously burping it for the last half gallon or so? Also, does it help with gauge accuracy?

On the 13's and earlier it helps with filling. 14-Up, no better or worse on filling.

On the 13's and earlier, it may make the gauge more or less accurate...HD just did not do well with the accuracy of the gauges until 14.

Kevin

Installed DK lift today

Installed the DK 1-1/2" lift today. Did not lift the rear, yet. Need to test ride in beautiful Las Vegas fall weather. I did not use DK supplied nuts, instead I used Ny-Locks and blue thread lock. I also trimmed the OEM rubber covers so they would cover as before. (If I installed the lift pieces inside out, so be it, I have no clearance issues.)

tank1.jpgTank2.jpgTankLift1.jpgTankLift2.jpg

I got and installed my DK 1 1/2" Tank Lift today and it was easy peasy, and as expected with any DK product.....top notch. Because I did not have a helper or three arms, I chose to use a piece of wood as a pry bar to help lift the tank AND install the bolts, and it worked like a charm.

I also got the Deluxe Option rear spacers, and chose to move the tank as far forward as possible leaving just enough room for the ignition switch (with cover) to rotate. It wasn't much of a move, but now I hope the raised logos on the side of the tank will be forward enough so my knees do not rub up against them. And because the Deluxe option rear spacers also lift the front seat attachment point, it 'should' mitigate the slight sliding forward during braking that I have experienced after installing the Comfort Lift kit in the rear.

Attachments

• IMGP2687.JPG
    IMGP2687.JPG
    324.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMGP2689.JPG
    IMGP2689.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IMGP2688.JPG
    IMGP2688.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 203
I got and installed my DK 1 1/2" Tank Lift today and it was easy peasy, and as expected with any DK product.....top notch. Because I did not have a helper or three arms, I chose to use a piece of wood as a pry bar to help lift the tank AND install the bolts, and it worked like a charm.

I also got the Deluxe Option rear spacers, and chose to move the tank as far forward as possible leaving just enough room for the ignition switch (with cover) to rotate. It wasn't much of a move, but now I hope the raised logos on the side of the tank will be forward enough so my knees do not rub up against them. And because the Deluxe option rear spacers also lift the front seat attachment point, it 'should' mitigate the slight sliding forward during braking that I have experienced after installing the Comfort Lift kit in the rear.

Gonna move mine forward a bit more. If you're having no issues with it that close, I'm going to follow suit ThumbUp

Gonna move mine forward a bit more. If you're having no issues with it that close, I'm going to follow suit ThumbUp

I went for a little test ride, and the seat now feels like a catchers mitt and my butt is the ball. No sliding forward at all, and my knees no longer rub up against the tank emblems. This was a WIN WIN!

Attachments

• IMGP2696.JPG
    IMGP2696.JPG
    291.9 KB · Views: 194
I went for a little test ride, and the seat now feels like a catchers mitt and my butt is the ball. No sliding forward at all, and my knees no longer rub up against the tank emblems. This was a WIN WIN!

I'm in there snug, but just a tiny bit too snug. Think the 1/2" or so I can silde it forward will put me in the sweet spot. Still VERY happy with the lift, can't think of any negatives...I'd recommend it to everyone :)

Last edited:
The reason we originally made the Tank Lift Kits for the Twin Cams was because of the increased engine temps that we really started seeing in 2007.

They are nice because they expose more of the chrome, make cleaning easier, reduce buffeting for some, make the seat fit better for some, but the genesis was that a tank lift reduces engine temps by 10-15 degrees, and the TC's need all the help they can get since 2007, especially on the Tri-Glides. :)

Kevin

Kevin, for the life of me, I can't find the one I ordered. I have a 2010 TriGlide with a Harley Air Zeppelin seat. Which lift SHOULD I order? Thanks!

thor did it help at all with the beard issue? i just picked up a '14 TG this weekend and this is my first bike with a fairing so the fur curtain is a new experience for me.

Kevin, for the life of me, I can't find the one I ordered. I have a 2010 TriGlide with a Harley Air Zeppelin seat. Which lift SHOULD I order? Thanks!

I have a 2013 with the Air Zeppelin seat; I am using the 1.5" tank lift. You can go 2" easily, there is plenty of space even with my HD Bagger Bars

Thank you, I'll keep my eyes open the next time I'm in Home Depot for a couple of them things.

By the way Good looking Trike

Butch

They are called Gear Ties. Saw an episode on the History Channel's "Million Dollar Genius" series about the inventor of them.

8~\o

Fuel hose

Is the fuel hose supplied with the kit needed for a 2015? Thinking of doing the 1 1/2 front and rear on mine to help with heat.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back