Stangas Trike

well the trike is booked in on Thursday to put the new primary gear on.

Going with the gamechanger sprocket.

I am really hoping this makes the difference I have been expecting.

Took the trike for a ride the other day.. used 19L of petrol for 200kms.. this seems a lot. I nearly didn't make it home due to almost running out of fuel. Also.. sitting with cruise control on at 120km/hr, I tried to pass someone and eased on the throttle and the bike would not increase speed at all... had to drop it to 5th.. still not much.. so dropped it to 4th to get it moving.

I understand it is a lot bigger and heavier than standard, but something aint right.

Thats just a hair under 25 mpg's..... [24.8] Gonna get better once you get it all straighten out..ThumbUp

Front sprocket changed today

Yup.. What a difference.. It rides like it is meant to..

So replaced the primary engine sprocket with a game changer 32T

Excellent ratio for my need.
Rode it home up hill at 120kmh and opened the throttle and it climbed to 160kmh easily

Cruise control does not work above 4th gear unfortunately.. This I will rectify.. I missed it already.. Lol

So.. TTS tuner?? I have heard they can alter those ratios to get everything working

Yup.. What a difference.. It rides like it is meant to..

So replaced the primary engine sprocket with a game changer 32T

Excellent ratio for my need.
Rode it home up hill at 120kmh and opened the throttle and it climbed to 160kmh easily

Cruise control does not work above 4th gear unfortunately.. This I will rectify.. I missed it already.. Lol

So.. TTS tuner?? I have heard they can alter those ratios to get everything working

Yes the TTS tuner will take care of that. I believe a couple of others will also. Its just a matter of changing the number in the setting.

Cheers for the response Gorilla

Has anyone actually done this? Did some googling today before I buy yet another tuner (I already have a Harley super tuner)

I think from what I can gather; is that it would be as simple changing the 'Primary Ratio' tab.

Any details?

I have with my TTS. There is a value in the program that you change until your speedo reads correctly. Then everything will work normal also.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back