Snow

Don't have any but if I did I wouldn't have a problem with it. I have been known to ride when you get off my pants were frozen stiff so a little white stuff wouldn't be bad. We just don't get a whole lot of it here in Louisiana.

We would love to invited you all up to Chicagoland for some great snow riding but so far this year we have only had 1.9 inches or snow for the season. I am sure Mother Nature has a few more storms in store for us.pepper

I ride in the snow with the T/G But not with my two wheeler.
The T/G will Handel to 4 inches, You do have to be careful not to hit the front brake too hard and turn it into a ski. Also you have to be ''very'' watchful of all the Yahoo's in 4 wheel drive SUVs.:AGGHH:

I don't ride in the snow because of all the Salt they put on the roads in NH. I don't want the salt to get near my frame because I see what it does to cars and trucks. With a trike there are too many places the salt can stick to and hosing it down wouldn't reach those areas. Better be safe than sorry in a few years down the road.
But, to those who ride in the snow, have a great time and post pictures!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Wow, don't you have snow coming? OK, here is a good question, if you hate snow, why are you in Salt Lake City. You are colder there than we are right now. I think you are in the 30s, we are in the 40s. HHHMMM
Oh well, at time there is nothing we can do about where we live, correct, just grin and bear it!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Wow, don't you have snow coming? OK, here is a good question, if you hate snow, why are you in Salt Lake City. You are colder there than we are right now. I think you are in the 30s, we are in the 40s. HHHMMM

Oh well, at time there is nothing we can do about where we live, correct, just grin and bear it!

Well Rosy, we are 7 degrees right now(and just got 16 inches of snow), and it was -2 last night. Your approximations are a little off- if it was 30 degrees, I would not be bitching.

As far as why am I here, I have kids and grandkids here. I would eventually like to go south for winters, but I need somebody weathly to adopt me!

This is the coldest winter Salt Lake has endured in over 10 years.:D

Its not the snow that is so bad Dave,its the cold,ice and salt that go with it.We are at -2 here in Utah right now and it is 12:00 PM with the sun shining.There is so much salt on the roads that they are actually white and look as if they are snow packed but it is leftover salt. I have a heated jacket and gloves and they are not enough even with layering on top of them. I grew up in Louisana( in Little Farms between Kenner and Harahan) and the little bit of white stuff we got there didn't bother me either.

Typical, the weatherman says 30 and it is really a lot colder than that. Wow, and they get paid 6 figures, that's not right.
I will speak to my friend at The Villages in Florida and see if there is a nice lady who would like to adopt a lonely person from Utah. I really don't think you will be able to "stand" the heat after all that cold weather. It was 80F yesterday, to cold to ride for the Floridians! HAHAHAHAH
Hey, in a few years I may be going South myself, enough of this white stuff!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Typical, the weatherman says 30 and it is really a lot colder than that. Wow, and they get paid 6 figures, that's not right.
I will speak to my friend at The Villages in Florida and see if there is a nice lady who would like to adopt a lonely person from Utah. I really don't think you will be able to "stand" the heat after all that cold weather. It was 80F yesterday, to cold to ride for the Floridians! HAHAHAHAH
Hey, in a few years I may be going South myself, enough of this white stuff!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Thanks for understanding Rosy! While you are checking for that "Lady", could you request that she be about 25-30 years old, under 150 lbs, and brunette! Someone similar to Zook's test post would be good!:D

Calling for mixed precipitation overnight. Trike is loaded for ride to Trenton early in morning. Not even looking at truck keys. I just ignore front brake in snow. Done over 100 miles at a pop in it multiple times in 2 and 3 wheels. Trying not to do it with 2 anymore. Rode at a low of -3'F also.

Calling for mixed precipitation overnight. Trike is loaded for ride to Trenton early in morning. Not even looking at truck keys. I just ignore front brake in snow. Done over 100 miles at a pop in it multiple times in 2 and 3 wheels. Trying not to do it with 2 anymore. Rode at a low of -3'F also.

Damm...Mr. Bozo... I here by ordain you a "Junior Badass".. cause you are a lot more than an ironbutt!ThumbUp:D

Bozo, was it last year you were up here in Maine for some work. I remember you saying something on one of your threads about being very cold, but you rode anyway. I think it was -F when you made the trip. Did you stop at the Maine Dinner in Wells? Been there, good food!
Bad---s,
Remember the old song from way back, "if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make an ugly woman your wife", well at times I think that rings true! It creates peace of mind!
But, it is up to you, 25---125 lbs. 36-24-36, how's that? Sorry ladies, didn't want to start trouble!
Have a great day!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

I love the Wells Diner Rosy. I am up there at least once a year. Current trip started at 35'F with just a little white on trike. No ice on road, but heavy rain and rush hour traffic through NYC in pre-dawn. Hit a couple of good puddles next to NY Harbor. Splashed some salt water all the way up to my big mouth. You don't want to know how I know it was salt water.
Rained all the way to Trenton. In PA for night. Expecting rain to end in a couple of hours and temp to be in low 30's by morning. Wish I had remembered an extra pair of gloves. Mine got a little damp even under covers. Rest of me stayed pretty dry.

I love the Wells Diner Rosy. I am up there at least once a year. Current trip started at 35'F with just a little white on trike. No ice on road, but heavy rain and rush hour traffic through NYC in pre-dawn. Hit a couple of good puddles next to NY Harbor. Splashed some salt water all the way up to my big mouth. You don't want to know how I know it was salt water.
Rained all the way to Trenton. In PA for night. Expecting rain to end in a couple of hours and temp to be in low 30's by morning. Wish I had remembered an extra pair of gloves. Mine got a little damp even under covers. Rest of me stayed pretty dry.

Bozo, next time you up this way let us know and we will join you at the Dinner.
What do you use for rain gear? We have the Tour Master Sentinel series with the booties and gloves. Stay dry is the name of the game if you have to go in the rain!
Hope it clears for you, and watch out for "black Ice"!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

I do-

MoleLake2-2012128.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back