Side covers

How many of you owning an MT with the parking break, take there seat of to install the right side cover???:wave4:

Celebrating Canada Day today. So no work. Jus working on the front forks due to seeing an oil leak on the return from a ride yesterday.

Wish me luck.

Hey Warren, oh ya lots going on. PM me your email address and I will send you an update. Working on the forks and not as difficult as I thought once I decided not to use the manuals approach to take all the "Tupperware" off to get to the fork caps which I have reasoned was done for the sole purpose of cracking the fork caps. Found the left cap was finger tight:gah:and the cap o-ring was missing:gah::gah: oh and there was about a 1/2 a cup of oil in that fork when the manual says 17.9 oz. and very black, looked like used engine oil. Lot of friction goin on in there. Guess this was the clunk, over small ruts and unavoidable pot holes where it was emanating from.

Found the axel bolt loose ( supposed to be torqued 44ft/lbs)and also the axle pinch bolts under torqued(16 ft/lbs), cracked them at 9 ft/lbs and no lock tight was used at these points. The bottom end bolt was a little stripped (hex) made sure I had a good key (6mm) in there and will be replacing those when I pick up seals and bushings
Have not started on the right side yet.

In all it has been interesting and the fact that I found and decided to rectify now avoiding any issue with my sweet on the side of some distant freeway gives me great comfort.ThumbUp
Take care.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back