shifter

probably right. But it has leaks from every seal, its all going to have to come apart soon. Just need it to last till winter and ill be happy ;)

It leaks about 1/4 a quart of gear oil a day lol. all the seals need replaced.

Body is gone, traded it for a new carb and intake last week.

By the way, when the shifter problem is solved and you are ready for final installation you might consider if you want to cut (grind or otherwise) that reverse block tab off the plate (the one that makes you push down to get reverse). Depending on the location of your shifter, most VW trike builders find it easier to not have to push down to get to reverse. There really is not much 'gear grinding' once you've shifted a few times and gotten used to it and the easy access to reverse is a blessing.
Do you have a picture of the block tab you are talking about I just got a trike and don't know any thing about a VW. Thanks

Hey guys not a expert at all with the vw,but already been mentioned, how good is the cable shift.I was reading a little about the cable shift before i read this post and just think if i were going through this trouble,, just maybe.So give the pros and cons would like to know myself.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back