TG Scatchy noise??

520fd

550+ Posts
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2010
Davenport, Iowa USA
I have the old-style headset in my 3/4 helmet. My CB is off. No radio. Just the intercom with my wife. I get this scratchy noise in my headset. It sounds like interference from electronics. My wife's headset doesn't have any problem through her headset. I've changed the cord, and I've used a different helmet, with a different headset. It's not there all the time. But, most of the time. ??????

Last edited:
I have the old-style headset in my 3/4 helmet. My CB is off. No radio. Just the intercom with my wife. I get this scratchy noise in my headset. It sounds like interference from electronics. My wife's headset doesn't have any problem through her headset. I've changed the cord, and I've used a different helmet, with a different headset. It's not there all the time. But, most of the time. ??????
Might be corrosion on the plug receptacle. Try some electronic cleaner

Might be corrosion on the plug receptacle. Try some electronic cleaner
I tried that "Dialectric Grease" the other day. Didn't seem to do anything. So today I used some Electronic Cleaner as you mentioned. I can't take the trike out today, because of storms. So I'll try it out tomorrow. Thanks for the info. Jerry.

I tried that "Dialectric Grease" the other day. Didn't seem to do anything. So today I used some Electronic Cleaner as you mentioned. I can't take the trike out today, because of storms. So I'll try it out tomorrow. Thanks for the info. Jerry.
I went out on a ride with the HOG group the other day. Everything worked great. Yesterday went for a ride with my wife, and it acted up. Today, I checked my Audio settings and found out some of the volume setting's where on. I thought everything was shut off. So I made sure everything was turned off. So I'll have to wait another day. Big storms here in Iowa.

I went out on a ride with the HOG group the other day. Everything worked great. Yesterday went for a ride with my wife, and it acted up. Today, I checked my Audio settings and found out some of the volume setting's where on. I thought everything was shut off. So I made sure everything was turned off. So I'll have to wait another day. Big storms here in Iowa.
I think when I had my trike at the dealership to do a download for my CB, They played with the radio. Set some things that I thought were off. I went through the setup and found some volume settings that were messed with. So I made sure everything was off. Seems to work fine now.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back