Tapping noise coming from the rear of the engine

Nov 13, 2022
Metchen NJ USA
I have a tapping noise coming from the rear of the engine. One mechanic said it was a oil pump inside the engine and ride it until the noise get louder. To me it's loud already and I'm itching to ride.

Another said it was the transmission or the drive shaft, the noise is consistent throughout the Gear changes. But you don't hear it when its in neutral.

Can anybody give me any thought of what it could be or what to look at and check ???

Is that 2001 GL 1800 with a 2008 RS conversion

Really appreciate it and thanks

I have a tapping noise coming from the rear of the engine. One mechanic said it was a oil pump inside the engine and ride it until the noise get louder. To me it's loud already and I'm itching to ride.

Another said it was the transmission or the drive shaft, the noise is consistent throughout the Gear changes. But you don't hear it when its in neutral.

Can anybody give me any thought of what it could be or what to look at and check ???

Is that 2001 GL 1800 with a 2008 RS conversion

Really appreciate it and thanks

This is a very hard question to answer w/out actually hearing the "tapp'n noise"

When was the last time you replaced that 90* gear oil in the rear shaft, behind the rear wheel??????

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNT
Back