Riding between rain storms

Apr 22, 2012
Sunapee, Nh
Howdy folks,

Went for another ride today, much smoother. I should know better than to trust the HD shop when they release a bike as ready to go. My rear tires were 12 pounds over (both of them) and my air suspension adjustment was, ready for this, "10 pounds". I brought the air ride up to 45#s and tires to 26 as the owners manual states. And wow what a difference.

I put on a few things, yup, chrome mostly, one add on was a pair of Kury longhorn hi way peg supports I had kicking around Here and there and, the pair of rear pegs that came new with my '97 Heritage Springer. So, for the coolest part is when I have my legs stretched out, I sorta kinda and riding my HS even though I'm on my trike. I also have a pair of original Grampaw Springer seat springs to hang off somewhere yet to be determined.

Lots and lots of stuff coming off my '03 Ultra, I too want to see it finished. It really needs a bath and a good scrubbing behind the ears before I snap a shot, but, maybe tomorrow.

I got my Veterans plate today (BLK1) and mounted it with the usual chrome trim and chrome bullets. Finally got my shift lever where it should be and to top it off, my mustang rider backrest is in and I'll pick that up tomorrow.

My appointment for the 1k service got bumped to next Monday. that's cutting close for my planned ride to DC for Rolling Thunder, but, the service head said he would have it ready for me. I do have a pup tent! Suppose to be real nice weather right through so Sue and I should enjoy so sunny miles until I drop the trike off.

Well, I guess I bragged long enough.
I hope this message finds all of you well and enjoying life.
Till next time
Sam aka chappy

Tupper, chrome is one of my addictions! lol
First time I've heard the term, "safety chrome", but, you're right,
I do have a better ride. Maybe it's all in my head too. lol
Sam

Nothing like safety chrome to make one ride better.RIDE SAFE

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back