Reverse

Oct 4, 2016
Pontiac, Illinois
Earlier today after changing my air filter when I backed it into a shed it wouldn’t pull over a 1” curb. Had to put foot down and push a little. Reverse has occasionally not ended at first attempt. Hit button couple times then engages. Could it bea cable adjustment would fix the problem. I know the engaging issue would straighten out.

TIA

mike

Several days without a reply, but I think someone will come along with the cable adjustment info, or if you get desperate, do a search on this forum, just google it. I've seen it done, but I would not want to mess it up trying to explain. My RS is a bit weak on the reverse, but no problem, I try not to put a strain on the starter and usually back it up dismounted if I get into a situation, or just give it an 'assist' push back. Some would ask "why", guess I'm just paranoid about starter failure, but that's just me.

If it was fairly chilly that might of affected it ... my 06 will "act" weird if it's cold. Also you need t remember that the reverse is pushing more weight than it was intended to push.

i do think the adjustment would help, especially with the engagement.

When I was 2wheels before tricking it was no problem reversing. It did occaisionly not fully engage. When it does I spray the coils that work the reverse and it’s good to go for about 2-4 weeks or longer. I’m sure an adjustment on the cable would help. Not sure if I want to do it myself though. Have to do some reasearch on the how to for it.

Have to do some reasearch on the how to for it.

Always a good plan ... lets you asses weather the job is in your wheelhouse ... there are several jobs I won't attack ... mainly do to specialty tools or just the need for help. I did a steering head bearing on an 03 last year ... never do that again ... trying to hold the bike and torque the head was quite the experience. Of course .. while doing that I realized that the side stand was bent and allowing the bike to lean way more than it needed too, which didn't help when I was yanking on the torque wrench. LOL

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back