Reverse Or No Reverse?

Agreed!!

I had a mechanical reverse installed on my original transmission for my current trike. I had an issue trying to remove it to install in my new current transmission. Been over 2yrs and really havent missed it. Im a/k left leg amputee, I always make sure Im parked to ride the trike outbound.

I tell most of my customers that a reverse gear is kinda a waste of money unless you are handicapped and unable to manage moving the trike at all. Most of the time the decision for a reverse rests with the better half or pier pressure. If you park like it was a 2-wheeler, you would never need a reverse.

You spend 99% of the time going forward, why would you spend the $1500.-$2000. on that 1% unless it was totally necessary.

$2000.00 of gas will get you a long way.

I have reverse on mine but I don't use it much now that the new has worn off. I can push my trike back with the fairing before I get on. I would not waste the money on a reverse if I had to do it again. If you do get a reverse get a machnical one and forget about one from Motor Trike.

Had reverse on the 2010 Triglide I had, and on the 2012 Hannigan wing. I don't use it much at all, I selectively park. I think I've used the reverse on the wing maybe 3 times in 3 years.

I agree with all of the above. You'd be surprised how little if ever you would use it.

I'd never own a trike, any kind of trike, without a reverse. When you need it, you need it. I've seen guys look pretty silly asking three guys to push their trike.

I have the 7 year warrantee(the first 2 coincide with the OEM warrantee - don't ask why - marketing I guess). Didn't know they had 8. You can also extend it another 5 years after the first extension. I've always done that - every Harley I've owned has needed it - just bad luck with Harleys??? maybe, but the ESP is worth it's weight in gold - to me. You mechanically inclined it isn't.
Same with the reverse. All you Arnolds's out there may not need it, but stop dissing those that have it and like it - and NEED it. I'm glad we have the option on either one.
I use my reverse every single day. For those of you that park it like a 2 wheeler, you look goofy duck walking a trike backwards. Ever notice the big smiles on people faces that watch you?? :)

I guess all you anti reverse people don't have reverse in your cars either, right?
I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Mine is 6 years after the original 2 years ... total 8 ... I was always good at math
:D

A friend hit me with this, But didn't give me the answer;

You saw a shirt for 97$ 'You don't have the cash so you borrowed 50$ from your Mom' And 50$ from your Dad = 100$, You buy the shirt and you have 3$ change, You give your Dad 1$ , And you give your Mom 1$, And keep the other 1$ for yourself, So now you owe your Mom 49$, And your Dad 49$ = 98$ + Your 1$ = 99$
Where it the missing 1$ ??

I have 2 trikes with reverse and one without one. Dyna super glide with the mystery fender kit, IRS.
I rarely use reverse because I did the mystery kit first and was used to not having one. I just park so it's easy to get out. Plus they are easy to push if need be.
The goldwing uses the starter so I prefer not to use it just in case. The freewheeler is so light I can back it up sitting on the seat. I only have one leg that is strong enough to use.
Baker has a reverse for the DD7.
I have the DD6 in my super glide and I love it.
I wanted to go the the DD7 but my builder said it was a big IF for it to handle the power so I went with the DD6 instead. Easy add on for both the transmission and reverse.

You saw a shirt for 97$ 'You don't have the cash so you borrowed 50$ from your Mom' And 50$ from your Dad = 100$, You buy the shirt and you have 3$ change, You give your Dad 1$ , And you give your Mom 1$, And keep the other 1$ for yourself, So now you owe your Mom 49$, And your Dad 49$ = 98$ + Your 1$ = 99$

There's no missing $1. The reasoning is wrong. The 1$ you kept is already counted in the $98 you owe them, so you don't have to count it again.
You paid $97 for your shirt and you kept $1. That's how you spent the $98 you borrowed from them.

I said I was good at math ... words ... not so much ... :D

Mine is 6 years after the original 2 years ... total 8 ... I was always good at math :D

Maybe it's a different warranty company then the one we have here. The dealers in the Chicago area only offer 3 -5 or 7 year ESP's. (1-3 or 5 extra)

Is yours the H-D branded one?? Can you extend your extension also??

Rhino, I heard the same story many many years ago, but it was a hotel check-in scenario.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back