Renewed aqua shields

Oct 14, 2011
austin tx usa
My aqua shields on the 08 CSC were really beat up with rock chips, so I wavered between repainting them in black automotive paint or bed liner. I have the equipment for the paint, but considered that it might suffer the same fate as the factory pearl white. Since a lot of work is involved either way, I went with bedliner. Right now it looks sooo much better than before. I think the black contrasts well with the pearl white. To hot for me to ride any long distance because of the heat, so I try to get out once a week for a short half hour ride. Can’t wait for cooler weather!

Gerald

Attachments

• DCBBDE32-F048-4752-8D92-9825C077ADB2.jpg
    DCBBDE32-F048-4752-8D92-9825C077ADB2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 9732E7A3-C51C-45CE-82B5-B5B1FB14F1F3.jpg
    9732E7A3-C51C-45CE-82B5-B5B1FB14F1F3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
Very good looking. When I bought my CSC a couple years ago the ground effect boards were also pretty well beat up. When talking to the dealer I was told that they would tend to keep heat in around legs. In Arizona I have more concern about heat than I do about riding in the rain. So, I had them removed. They now are in my storage shed in their rock chipped condition. But I really like the look of them on. You've given me something to think about. Maybe there is a future for my boards.....?

I had to ditch my floorboards for awhile because the floorboard frame would catch at the top of the ramp on my toyhauler and couldn't load it because the angle was too steep. I then came up with a working solution and was able to load the trike with floorboads and put them back on this year. I go back and forth about those. I think it does make the CSC look sharp with them but didn't mind running around without them. Mine are pretty beat up as well as a couple small dings on the body that I want to get fixed. Using bedliner might be in the cards for me some time in the future.

So it wasn't completely clear but I'm assuming you did yours on your own? What kind of cost would I be looking at?

I don't care for white cars or bikes, trikes. The black sure makes it look way better. Good choice

I had to ditch my floorboards for awhile because the floorboard frame would catch at the top of the ramp on my toyhauler and couldn't load it because the angle was too steep. I then came up with a working solution and was able to load the trike with floorboads and put them back on this year. I go back and forth about those. I think it does make the CSC look sharp with them but didn't mind running around without them. Mine are pretty beat up as well as a couple small dings on the body that I want to get fixed. Using bedliner might be in the cards for me some time in the future.

So it wasn't completely clear but I'm assuming you did yours on your own? What kind of cost would I be looking at?

$11.00 for materials plus a few bad words for r/r.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back