Aqua boards or not ?

Got a set of them on my Monarch II. What sold me was I went to change the oil after a trip out west and found a big chunk over an inch around and over a 1/16 deep missing from the front of one of the aquashields. Whatever smacked it probably wouldve taken out the Missus leg. Right there they earned their keep in my eyes. I have an aquaintance who has a 1500 with no shields and his wife complains especially in construction zones about dust and debris blowing on her lower legs. To me its a personal choice but it really finishes off the look of the trike at least in my eyes.

Newbe here;

I have NOT triked out my bike as of yet, BUT planning on it this month, (reason for being on this site in the first place)
My question is "WHAT IF REVERSE STOPS WORKING? How hard to push bike back with the floor boards on it?
Do you folks used reverse all the time or try not too if at all possible?
I'm asking cause I was wondering about the floor boards myself

Thank you

Newbe here;

I have NOT triked out my bike as of yet, BUT planning on it this month, (reason for being on this site in the first place)
My question is "WHAT IF REVERSE STOPS WORKING? How hard to push bike back with the floor boards on it?

Thank you

First of all... Welcome to Trike Talk Ronnie!! You have come to the right place to search out trike related answers. There is tons of knowledge here and a bunch of folks willing to help out whenever asked.

Unless you have very long legs I'd say it will be difficult to impossible to push a trike back while remaining seated. You would have to dismount and push it back. Different conversions are easier to push around than others but none are that bad. Failed reverse drive is such a rare issue I would not let that keep me from choosing the floor boards (or whatever the manufacture is calling theirs) :xszpv: :xszpv:

Last edited:
Welcome aboard burnerboy. +1 on the above comment. Also most of us learn to park so that we keep having to back up to a minimum.

Welcome to TT Burnerboy!

Like Gorilla said. Even with a reverse I still try to park so that I either drive out or can roll backwards if need be. Reverse gets used very little.

I have a set with the running lights in the front of the board, its for sale at $150 vplus shipping.

I have the boards only, no brackets, in very good used condition, no running lights for the board either.

$1800 new, $150 from me, at that price you can afford to buy the brackets. So says me. :D

pm me if any interest.

I also have a tri glide rear wheel, with what i think is a good tire, ? $50 bucks, wheel has a scratch, but hey, its $25 without a tire or $50 with it, hard to beat that price.ThumbUp

Attachments

• IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1318.JPG
    IMG_1318.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 149
I have the boards on my MT Adventure kit. With the mounting pipes, I lose about an 1 1/2". My minimum clearance is right at 3". I have to be careful when I pull off the side of the road. If there is more than a 3" drop off the pavement, I'm going to scrape. Tall speed bumps are a real problem. Being that the mounting pipes are midpoint between the wheels, there is not really an angle of approach that helps avoid the scrape. I've been thinking that there may be a way to extend the front forks a little more or raise the back end a little. My dealer says it can't be done. Any ideas out there?

Having said all that, I would rather have them than not. I like being able to move my feet to different positions on long rides. I like not having rocks being kicked up by the front wheel. I like not having dirty water sprayed on my legs on wet rides. My legs are long enough to where I don't have to get off to push back if the slope is not too bad.

For me they are a plus. That is my opinion.

Newbe here;

Thank you

Ok here we are almost a year later, and now I've been riding my triked out 2010 Goldwing, for the season!!! I HAVE TO NOW SAY THAT I'M VERY GLAD THAT I DID INDEED GET THE RUNNING BOARDS.......I LOVE THEM, :clapping:AND WOULD NEVER ORDER ANY OTHER TRIKE W/OUT THIS FLOOR BOARD....12/15/17

RONNIE

Cool, glad you like them, and you have what conversion, not that it matters I suppose. Different strokes as they say, I didn't get them so I don't miss them on my Road Smith. Maybe if I got them, I'd like them.

Got a set of them on my Monarch II. What sold me was I went to change the oil after a trip out west and found a big chunk over an inch around and over a 1/16 deep missing from the front of one of the aquashields. Whatever smacked it probably wouldve taken out the Missus leg. Right there they earned their keep in my eyes. I have an aquaintance who has a 1500 with no shields and his wife complains especially in construction zones about dust and debris blowing on her lower legs. To me its a personal choice but it really finishes off the look of the trike at least in my eyes.

Get them. Don't even think about it, just get them. Adds to looks, they are practical and they keep your feet warm. Without them your Wing just looks like you have a big fat rear end. IMHO

Ok here we are almost a year later, and now I've been riding my triked out 2010 Goldwing, for the season!!! I HAVE TO NOW SAY THAT I'M VERY GLAD THAT I DID INDEED GET THE RUNNING BOARDS.......I LOVE THEM, :clapping:AND WOULD NEVER ORDER ANY OTHER TRIKE W/OUT THIS FLOOR BOARD....12/15/17

RONNIE

Ok now it's another season 2/23/18......I still very much vote for the running boards, never any problems, can't bottom out, great place to place feet, instead of the pegs all the time. Oil changes, are no problem what's so ever (just change oil/ filter yesterday) getting ready for this season riding......

Question: Well, did you get the running boards or not???

O' and my biggest fear was backing out bike with boards, "not a problem now" Easy Pessy!!!

Ronnie

Yes I did

I did get the running boards. And have tried to post a pic of my trike on here without success. I have to admit it does look sharp with the boards. I hope to have it out in 3 weeks to a month !!!! Still some winter going on here in Iowa.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back