Rehab at the Beach

jjvw

700+ Posts
Dec 5, 2013
Jenison, MI
Update on my hip replacement. It was taking too much space on the Maggie Valley Post, so I started another here.

It's been 3 weeks since the operation. A checkup last week showed the hip was healing as expected. I have been on predizone for 6 years due to PMR which caused my bones to soften. Therefore it will take longer for the hip to heal.

I just got off the walker and to a cane yesterday.

Doc okayed us to go camping on the beach, if we got someone else to tow our camper. I'm not supposed to drive yet.

We will be at Grand Haven State Park on Lake Michigan for two weeks.

Today was our first full day of Concrete Camping.

b1.jpg

Rehabbing

b2.jpg

View behind our trailer. The Grand River Channel into Lk Michigan

b3.jpg

One of our uppity neighbors

b5.jpg

A freighter going thru the channel

b4.jpg

The rest of the freighter

It's good to hear the recovery is progressing so well John.

Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

Enjoy the beach.ThumbUp

Good to hear that you're doing well John, keep at it and hope to see you in September.

I am walking without supportive devices and can't wait to get home and try riding.

girls knit.jpg

Jan had her knitting group over for dinner.

It was a smaller than usual group but add a little wine and it can get noisy.

Usually I cook for them and than get out of there on the trike. This time, no trike:gah:

s1.jpgs2.jpg

another freighter

s3.jpgss2.jpg

the last sunsets

Vacation is over. Sorry I couldn't show the ladies with biknis. Jan was always there.

I towed the trailer back home. It was the first time driving since the new hip. Only had to go 35 miles, by the last 5 miles, my leg was saying, stop this thing, I want out!

We must need another couple weeks of beach rehab!

Rode the trike to the Drs for my 6 week check up. 30 miles of back roads each way. No problems. Getting on and off were much easier. When I told the Dr, he said what took you so long. He thought I couldn't wait that long.:laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back