Reflectors on rear fender (removal)

Jun 11, 2016
Cary, NC, USA.
Greetings. New TG owner here. Love this trike so far but don't like the looks of the reflectors on each of the rear fenders. I'm considering using fishing line to remove them but thought I'd ask if anyone has done this and is it as straight forward as it seems?

Greetings. New TG owner here. Love this trike so far but don't like the looks of the reflectors on each of the rear fenders. I'm considering using fishing line to remove them but thought I'd ask if anyone has done this and is it as straight forward as it seems?

Welcome...ThumbUp

And yes fishing line... And i would lubricate it with Goo-be -Gone, That would soften the adhesive holding them. And then you can remove the remanding adhesive with it also..[Goo-be-Gone]

Welcome...ThumbUp

And yes fishing line... And i would lubricate it with Goo-be -Gone, That would soften the adhesive holding them. And then you can remove the remanding adhesive with it also..[Goo-be-Gone]

Thanks for the confirmation. I've always used acetone for the purpose of removing the left over goocrap when I have de-badged my various autos.

Dolce, I removed mine on the forks as well. I used my wife hair dryer and softened the glue and they just came right off. To remove the excess glue, I used lighter fluid and all is well!! Also removed the ones on my V-Rod Muscle as well with the same method!!

Roger

The all time best adhesive remover that have ever used the made by 3M, it's called 3M adhesive remover. You can get it at your auto store like O'REILLY auto parts. I have removed alot of the fender reflectors and I used to use the goo gone and liked it until I found the 3M adhesive remover. Just my two cents.

Removing reflectors.

I've removed all the red reflectors from my Free with 3M Adhesive remover and a plastic auto trim removal tool.
Gently pry up the top edge of the reflector with the removal tool and spray the 3M; let it soak about 5 minutes.
Pry a little more and spray. Continue this process until the reflector releases. Remove any leftover adhesive with the 3M (Goo-Gone works well, too). I also removed all the emblems from my Chevy truck using this method. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Dolce

I removed all the reflectors (forks and fenders) from my 2013 Triglide. You are right about it not being a problem in NC. I have never had any LEO question my removal. In fact. I have been in about 10 states since removal and never had a problem

Assumed there was some requirement for them. If it becomes an issue I will install real lights but I don't see it being an issue here in NC.

Dolce

I removed all the reflectors (forks and fenders) from my 2013 Triglide. You are right about it not being a problem in NC. I have never had any LEO question my removal. In fact. I have been in about 10 states since removal and never had a problem

Quite true. Would think officers have more to do than worry about reflectors but, you never know!

Quite true. Would think officers have more to do than worry about reflectors but, you never know!

Its summer and a lot of yahoos with Jeeps are removing all their doors to get that open air feel...
And unless they put back on side view mirrors.. [The mirrors are attached to the doors] The cops are ticketing them...

I wouldn't think removing reflectors would be a issue unless you have a night time accident. Could be a problem with the insurance co. But it's a free country right.

Lets see... Ill add extra lights and a loud horn/pipes, So they can see me and hear me better' anything for safety so the Dingus's in cars can see me better..... But i'll remove the safety reflectors...I guess no one is gonna ''T'' Bone me...
​[No new rope please]

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back