Rear pulley bearing gone, 2012 TG

Aug 27, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Took TG into stealer to have front and rear suspension modifications installed. They called back to say the rear drive pulley bearing was shot. Upon teardown they found other damage: differential assembly, sprocket, both bearings, isolators, etc. The good news is it's all covered under warranty. They know of another 2012 with the same issue, both TGs at about 20K miles. I never noticed any problems while riding, it was smooth and ran very well.

Would be interested to know if this is a problem with the '12's.........I've never heard of this before now.........sure good to hear that you'll
be covered by warr.....:clapping:

Local dealer service manager told me today they had another 2012 Triglide with a trashed diff/bearing. this makes three such repairs in 4 months at only one dealership. they researched VINs and found they were built with six months of each other. However, there was not a common day of the week. The one common factor was mileage. All were within 600 miles of being at 20,000 miles. Since the MOCO tracks such repairs, I hope they can determine what is happening.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back