Rear Axle Rigid Swingarm or 4 Link?

Mar 2, 2013
central va
I am trying to get my my plans together for my GL1200 trike.<br />
Figured out what I'll use for a rear axle, it will be either an 8" ford, or a SuzukiSamurai axle, but I been looking at ways to mount the axle to the frame<br />
Most use a rigid Swingarm, that is built around the standard Honda Swingarm that has been reinforced. This is no problem, and fairly easy to do, but I have been wondering if any one has setup a triangulated 4 link for a rigid axle trike?<br />
Thanks for any help and insight, Andy

Thanks, I am leaning toward a triangulated 4 link for a little more simplicity.<br />
I did pick up a Samurai rear axle today. It is setup like a nine inch, but the ring gear is only 6.9", and the axle housing was just a little heavier than a metal softball bat. There is a bunch of info for DIY disc brake kits.<br />
So now I gotta get the bike home, and stripped down.<br />
Thanks again, Andy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back