Rake kit for VTX 1300

Jul 9, 2010
Galway, N.Y.
I'm going to have a rake kit installed and I wanted to find out what degree kit I should use? I ride on some pretty twisty roads in general. Anyone with a VTX 1300 have an EZ steer or other kit and what degree do you have? I was told by my dealer that the only kits available have 6 degree rake. Is that too extreme? I'm 64 and for now I am strong enough to muscle my trike through corners but I'm thinking of the future...Thanks in advance:D

I'm going to have a rake kit installed and I wanted to find out what degree kit I should use? I ride on some pretty twisty roads in general. Anyone with a VTX 1300 have an EZ steer or other kit and what degree do you have? I was told by my dealer that the only kits available have 6 degree rake. Is that too extreme? I'm 64 and for now I am strong enough to muscle my trike through corners but I'm thinking of the future...Thanks in advance:D

I strongly recommend that you contact Randy the owner of Adventure Trikes and Accessories. He is one of the major sponsors of our forum and a great guy. He will hook you up at a great price. If you look at the bottom of the subject thread page of this forum he has a thread to connect to him.

My 1300 non-raked Motor trike doesn't require any muscling in corners. If you meant that literally, I would have a dealer go through it and tune up all the adjustments before I put a lot of money into a rake.

I'm not totally dense, I realize you may have said that for emphasis. :D

I strongly recommend that you contact Randy the owner of Adventure Trikes and Accessories. He is one of the major sponsors of our forum and a great guy. He will hook you up at a great price. If you look at the bottom of the subject thread page of this forum he has a thread to connect to him.

If Randy is Bazooka then I have contacted him but I notice from his web site that they don't handle a rake kit for my VTX.

My 1300 non-raked Motor trike doesn't require any muscling in corners. If you meant that literally, I would have a dealer go through it and tune up all the adjustments before I put a lot of money into a rake.

I'm not totally dense, I realize you may have said that for emphasis. :D

Hi Steve, I will be doing as you say but I will be raking it with a 6 degree from VTXtreme. Best deal I could find for our VTX 1300 R is $599 from Xtreme. Great people to talk with (owner is Dary Hoksbergen). Read about these folks in one of Smokin Joe's threads. He has one on his trike as well.

How do I contact Randy at Adventure Trikes and Accessories?

how can i talk to Randy?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back