Radio, Music or sound of the wind?

What do you listen to when you ride your trike?

• Music

Votes: 184 40.6%
  • Radio

Votes: 88 19.4%
  • GPS

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Only the wind and traffic!

Votes: 176 38.9%

• Total voters
DON'T GET ME STARTED ON CELL PHONES AND DRIVING/RIDING. I am one of those guys that pulls over when using the phone. Or I answer and tell them I'll call back.

I do likewise Ted, except for that answering part. That's what my voice mail is for.

I'm a newspaper publisher and I am incensed each time I have to run the sad story of someone that was killed by someone texting or otherwise distracted by the use of their cell phone. Those occasions have been far too frequent in the past couple of years.

I have proposed to legislators that cell phone use while driving, be elevated to the same offense level as DUI. I think that the offender should face the same penalties for a first offense and include the same opportunities for redemption through ARD, but full revocation of licenses for subsequent offenses.

Some will say that is too extreme, but I would argue that cell texting is both just as addictive and just as dangerous as alcohol use, particularly for teens and young adults.

I love the variety. Cruising in good weather I love the wind and sounds around me. In cold weather I would rather shut the shield and either run without anything or a little music.

The one thing I can't stand is a fullface helmet, with speakers on my ears and wind shields around my neck so I am completely closed in without any other sound making it to my ears. I've got a car for that.

Mainly, if my butt's on the seat, my hands are on the bars, my eyes are on the road then my spirit is alive! Don't really nead anything else.

Riding Solo.......Either my ipod (through the Trike's speakers) or XM. Everything from the Beach Boys to ZZ Top. Long rides or short, if I am solo I am listening to the music.

Most of my one-up riding is done to a combo of music and listening to the wind. I'd say about 50/50 split. But when my wife's aboard we commune with nature.

My Vance & Hines 2-2 Sweepers, but that's not in the survey. Have always had stereos on my trikes - but never had a Harley engine to listen to until now. Don't need a stereo any more - Harleys are music to my ears.

John Fogarty's album, Blue Moon Swamp. Virtually every song on it is good for a speeding ticket.......especially Hot Rod Heart!!!! Just depends on my mood whether the music is on or not....sometimes I play it real loud in town just to keep the old folks on their toes when crossing the street!! :yes:

Classic rock station..or if out of a reception area...CDs or MP3, usually of the "ACDC, LedZep, Fleetwood Mac" genre..:eek::yes::p

Now thats some good music:yes:

My bride likes CW. My channel changing switches get a good workout each ride.
I'll be listening to a good old P Floyd song and there she goes changing the channel again. I think she is in love with K Chesney;)

Now thats some good music:yes:

My bride likes CW. My channel changing switches get a good workout each ride.
I'll be listening to a good old P Floyd song and there she goes changing the channel again. I think she is in love with K Chesney;)

Need to bring her to Key West when he's home. He likes to do un announced sit ins when he is in town.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back