Radio, Music or sound of the wind?

What do you listen to when you ride your trike?

• Music

Votes: 184 40.6%
  • Radio

Votes: 88 19.4%
  • GPS

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Only the wind and traffic!

Votes: 176 38.9%

• Total voters
Screaming Mimi '50's rock and roll. Turned up to 30db above pain. '60s Surf music, same volume. Lots of Classical music played on synthesizers....

Fortunately for those that ride with me, I have a set of Sony Professional head phones installed inside my helmet. No one is annoyed with my tunes but me.

I love to hear the deep roar of the headers and the hum of the engine as I go down the two lanes. I agree with Ted there is something about you, the wind and the sound of the motor that is cleansing to the mind almost spiritual knowing you are truly free from the cares of all that is around you. Its a combination of wind, motor and having no end in sight as you ride not caringt if you get some place or if you return and then WHAM reality sets end and you have to go home. A friend told me one time as long as he had 45 cents in his pocket to buy gas he was going to be riding. Until I got my first trike I thought he was nuts and now I understand. I am checking my pockets for change :).

I have my Ipod, only 1 ear though, so I can hear things around me. Also have intercom between his helmet/bike & mine. But... just because the IPOD is there, doesn't mean I always use it. Like moonstar, depending on where I am, I'll leave the experience to Mother Nature.

We enjoy listening to the ipod as well as the radio. However, the intercom is always on and wifey and I talk a lot about the scenery, family, etc. By the way, the ipod is loaded (1200 songs) with 50's, 60's and a little 70's music. Occasionally, wifey (my queen of queens) will tell me to shut it off so we can simply hear the puring of the GL1800 or the sound of the forest as we drive through some of our favorite places such as "the loop" in Daytona/Ormond Beach.

Don't have a radio or CB on the trike so it's only the 'Wind & Traffic'.

But, if I did have a radio, or better yet, one with a USB port, I'd "ONLY" listen to 50's and early 60's! That's the only music I ever listen to at home, in the car and maybe one day on the trike.

Ya know, while we're on this topic, what kind of radio could I even get for a Valkyrie Tourer?? And it would have to have that USB port for my music.

===================================================
UPDATED - 11/1/2012

I figured I'd go back to this post being I have a different trike now. As I mentioned back in 2011, if I had a radio I'd "ONLY" listen to 50s and early 60s. So,, on my (new to me) Goldwing/Roadsmith, that's exactly what I'm listening to!! :10:

50's and 60's a little 70's and older country, all else is noise ......to me.
I only listen to my home burned CD's so all I hear is what I like - no filler.
I have thousands of original 45's and hundred of LP's that I bought when I was younger so I use those to record to my CD's.

The sound of the bike is fine for about an hour, then it's just monotonous noise. I can only listen to the same thing for so long before going crazy.

Also, like someone else said earlier, I do have long conversations with the voices in my head. I can't believe how much we have in common. :wave4:

The wind and the sound of the motor. I'm out there to get away from it all.
Sometimes I'll sing or hum a tune,but the exhaust note keeps everybody from
suffering from that noise.

When I ride with my wife we will talk most of the time, when I'm riding alone I will put my Jimmy Buffet on (Parrot Head) and turn it up and love the wind in my face.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back