Putting a Range Kit Together. Any other ideas?

Oct 15, 2012
Jackson, MO, USA
As the title implies, I am putting together a range kit, primarily indoor, for me and my wife.

I had a backpack that worked perfectly. It was an old one that my son used to use in high school. This thing has a ton of pockets, as seen below. There are places for the extra magazines, nice padded area for a laptop that will hold the firearms. There is a padded pocket to hold the ear-phones I just ordered. I don't know much about them, Howard Leight brand, but I am going to try them. Click here if you want to view them. I had some old motorcycle riding safety glasses that are transistion lenses, one pair is clear to smoke, the other pair is yellow to smoke, so we will use those. I found some really cool Army surplus first-aid kits that are (inches) 4x3x2 and should hold 100-200 rounds of range ammo for any gun I choose. I ordered five of these because they look tough and are cheap. Click here if you want to see them. I'll toss in a couple of pair of leather gloves, just in case. And I'll probably add some band-aids etc.

Bullet list below, so I'd be open to any other ideas. Obviously don't want to pack the whole house. I'll leave the cleaning kit at home. But I want to make sure I have all I need and that I can just put my hand guns in the case when I am ready to go, and everything else will always be there ready to go.

At the indoor range (less than 5 mi away), they are good guys and have fair prices, so I'll buy extra range ammo and targets there. Gotta support our local folks!

Ideas on anything I missed?

So far here is what I have (some pics below)
  • An old back pack that my son had in high school to start.
  • Pistols in the soft cases.
  • Ordered some Army surplus first-aid kits to carry range ammo.
  • I have an Oakley case that will carry two pair of safety glasses. (I hate dirty, smudgy glasses.)
  • I have two sets of noise cancelling ear-phones. Howard Leight brand.
  • Will have a small tool kit. Nothing major. Screwdriver, etc. Open to ideas.
  • Two pair of leather gloves.
  • Simple first-aid kit.
  • -----Edited to add ideas-----
  • Uplula ezloader
  • LED mini-mag light and mirror.
  • Cheap binoculars.
  • Sharpies, red and black.
  • Stapler and targets if I go outdoor.

Attachments

• IMG_4383.JPG
    IMG_4383.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4389.JPG
    IMG_4389.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4391.JPG
    IMG_4391.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4387.JPG
    IMG_4387.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 74
  • HLT-2PACK.jpg
    HLT-2PACK.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4384.JPG
    IMG_4384.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 73
I think you have it all my friend........... except 2 lawn chairs, and an umbrella! Maybe a cooler with refreshments too. :D

Ok................. I just thought of something else. I like to use a can of spray adhesive to put up targets.... if your range allows that. Also in your tool kit make sure you have a screwdriver that fits your rear sights. Also a snickers bar in the bag would work well too. :)

As the title implies, I am putting together a range kit, primarily indoor, for me and my wife.

I had a backpack that worked perfectly. It was an old one that my son used to use in high school. This thing has a ton of pockets, as seen below. There are places for the extra magazines, nice padded area for a laptop that will hold the firearms. There is a padded pocket to hold the ear-phones I just ordered. I don't know much about them, Howard Leight brand, but I am going to try them. Click here if you want to view them. I had some old motorcycle riding safety glasses that are transistion lenses, one pair is clear to smoke, the other pair is yellow to smoke, so we will use those. I found some really cool Army surplus first-aid kits that are (inches) 4x3x2 and should hold 100-200 rounds of range ammo for any gun I choose. I ordered five of these because they look tough and are cheap. Click here if you want to see them. I'll toss in a couple of pair of leather gloves, just in case. And I'll probably add some band-aids etc.

Bullet list below, so I'd be open to any other ideas. Obviously don't want to pack the whole house. I'll leave the cleaning kit at home. But I want to make sure I have all I need and that I can just put my hand guns in the case when I am ready to go, and everything else will always be there ready to go.

At the indoor range (less than 5 mi away), they are good guys and have fair prices, so I'll buy extra range ammo and targets there. Gotta support our local folks!

Ideas on anything I missed?

So far here is what I have (some pics below)
  • An old back pack that my son had in high school to start.
  • Pistols in the soft cases.
  • Ordered some Army surplus first-aid kits to carry range ammo.
  • I have an Oakley case that will carry two pair of safety glasses. (I hate dirty, smudgy glasses.)
  • I have two sets of noise cancelling ear-phones. Howard Leight brand.
  • Will have a small tool kit. Nothing major. Screwdriver, etc. Open to ideas.
  • Two pair of leather gloves.
  • Simple first-aid kit.
  • -----Edited to add ideas-----
  • Uplula ezloader
  • LED mini-mag light and mirror.
  • Cheap binoculars.
  • Sharpies, red and black.
  • Stapler and targets if I go outdoor.

Don't forget Connie! :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back