Picture of backrest and MPG

FullSizeRender-128.jpgHere is a picture of my remade backrest. It was made to be even with the back of the seat which is a Tallboy seat. It clears my trunk with luggage rack by only 1/4". They charged me $260 to do the work which I think was well worth it. Now on to MPG. First time I have really checked gas milage. Took a 325 mile ride yesterday a got 36.3 MPG. That is 2up and pushing it pretty hard. Is this about right?

Thank you.

On my FW I generally get 32 to 33 MPG riding solo as I usually run 70 to 75 MPH. If I stay in 5th gear and run 60 - 65 I will get 34 to 35 MPG.

Sunman

View attachment 38487Here is a picture of my remade backrest. It was made to be even with the back of the seat which is a Tallboy seat. It clears my trunk with luggage rack by only 1/4". They charged me $260 to do the work which I think was well worth it. Now on to MPG. First time I have really checked gas milage. Took a 325 mile ride yesterday a got 36.3 MPG. That is 2up and pushing it pretty hard. Is this about right?

Thank you.

Is that the stock backrest that was bent or did you have it made? My wife really likes the ideal of this as it would give us a little extra space as we are already crowded. What kind of place (business) did your backrest?

Thanks.

A friend of mine at 3M Engineering took the stock sissy bar added some solid stock and bent it to fit where I wanted it to go. He did a great job.

- - - Updated - - -

I took it to a friend of mine at 3M Engineering and he added some solid stock to the original sissy bar and bent it to fit! He did a great job!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back